{'en': 'Glucagon How many HC rations is it equivalent to approximately one dose of glucagon?', 'es': 'Glucagón ¿A cuantas raciones de HC equivale aproximadamente una dosis de Glucagón?'} Image

Glucagon How many HC rations is it equivalent to approximately one dose of glucagon?

Mario_S's profile photo   02/06/2020 4:11 p.m.

Hello.

Does anyone know how many HC rations correspond, approximately, a glucagon injection?

Thank you,

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
02/06/2020 4:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It weighs the dust content of a dose and considers that it is 100%glucose.Although normally (not always) is a ration of 10 grams.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/06/2020 9:13 p.m.

It is a hormone that releases liver glucose and will depend on the reserve that it has., believe.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/06/2020 9:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Mamarvazq said:
Weighs the dust content of a dose and considers that it is 100%glucose.Although normally (not always) is a ration of 10 grams.

regina said:
is a hormone that releases glucose from the liver and will depend on the reserve that it has., I believe.

Thank you very much, it is only curiosity since I was about to inject my daughter a glucagon.
Thank you!!.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
02/06/2020 9:31 p.m.

You can put smaller doses with an insulin syringe.
There is already inhaled glucagon.
Let us get soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2020 2:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Mario_s
My nephew who has been with DM1 since the age of 9, already works and is growing!An injection may not climb as much as one thinks because it depends on many factors.He passed once alone, and that's why he always has two glucagon packages.I don't know if it's excessive, but just in case I have two in the fridge.

@Regina
If effectively.Baqsimi is a glucagon that is inhaled and is already approved in US and is expected soon in Europe.It can even be stored out of the fridge 18 months and use several times.I put link to the product of Lilly (Q is well known), but it is in English.What is not very clear to me is what the price of the product in Europe will be.

Link

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/07/2020 11:23 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

regina said:
You can put smaller doses with an insulin syringe.
There is already inhaled glucagon.
Let us get soon.

I had not heard anything about inhaled glucagon.Brilliant.Very practical.As you say, hopefully come here soon.
Greetings.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
02/07/2020 1:42 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
@mario_s
My nephew who has been with DM1 since the age of 9, already works and is growing!An injection may not climb as much as one thinks because it depends on many factors.He passed once alone, and that's why he always has two glucagon packages.I don't know if it's excessive, but just in case I have two in the fridge.

@Regina
If effectively.Baqsimi is a glucagon that is inhaled and is already approved in US and is expected soon in Europe.It can even be stored out of the fridge 18 months and use several times.I put link to the product of Lilly (Q is well known), but it is in English.What is not very clear to me is what the price of the product in Europe will be.

Link

All the best

OystersTo another glucagon to expire together (hopefully) in the fridge.;-)
Hopefully I don't have to go through something like your nephew with my daughter, who already had it on one occasion in a coma in the UVI for hiccups.Awful.Of the worst of my life.
Greetings.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
02/07/2020 1:47 p.m.

@Mario_s

Ah, when they expire you, without using (I hope so!), Don't throw them out.You practice you and your wife with them.

We already did (well my wife, because it is supposed to do when you are going to put it is another person you have diabetes).We use a small potato.It is very easy, although the truth cost some work to get the entire liquid from the bottle.That is why it is good to practice once, at least.

Young people are much more complicated.They move a lot, they have very active hormones.That is why it is better that they are a little higher at sometimes than a more adult person with diabetes, so that they have more safety room.

My nephew for example tells me that he prefers not to go to bed very close to 100, which is what I try, to avoid surprises at night.

All the best

jldiazdel
02/07/2020 2:23 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Always two glucagon in fridge, although glucagon endures 18 months out of the fridge.And if, sometimes you have to use both, with 15 minutes of interval, if it still does not return in itself, direct to hospital to put blood glucose.But not alarming, they will see that colleagues here who are diabetic dinosaurs have never used it.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/07/2020 4:15 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I have not used it in my life (25 years I have been with diabetes) and in fact I had one, it expired and my mother never took it again from the pharmacy, it is an absolute recklessness but I do not even have it in the electronic recipe ..... The truth is that I should ask me to put it on and have it at home.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/13/2020 4:34 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

solar said:
always two glucagon in fridge, although glucagon endures 18 months out of the fridge.And if, sometimes you have to use both, with 15 minutes of interval, if it still does not return in itself, direct to hospital to put blood glucose.But not alarming, they will see that colleagues here who are diabetic dinosaurs have never used it.

I am Dinosaur and 2 times they have had to inject it.
One recovers me alone, the other was no more remedy that transfer to the hospital and glucose serum in vein (I stay unconscious in the cinema) 🙂

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/14/2020 4:21 p.m.

Glucagon is not glucose, it has no rations ... or carbohydrates.It is a hormone, which a normal pancreas produces naturally to counteract hypoglycemia, its work is to order the liver to release glucose.So it does not count as rations.

Selenah Luna's profile photo
Selenah Luna
02/14/2020 8:02 p.m.

Mamarvazq said:
Weighs the dust content of a dose and considers that it is 100%glucose.Although normally (not always) is a ration of 10 grams.

It is not 100% glucose is a hormone that orders the liver to release glucose ...

Selenah Luna's profile photo
Selenah Luna
02/14/2020 8:02 p.m.

I know it is not glucose, so I say that "you consider ...".

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/14/2020 9:03 p.m.

I have achieved a baqsimi recipe, spray glucagon, is already available in Germany.
When he gets it from the pharmacy and look at the prospect he calmly tell you

jldiazdel
03/05/2020 3:14 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Glucagon is a hormone that stimulates glucogenolysis.That is, glycogen degrades to obtain glucose and this glucose is released to the bloodstream quickly reverting hypoglycemia.

Obviously this system is used because the patient is unconscious and is also much faster than administering an HC ration, although in recovering consciousness it is recommended to administer HC of rapid absorption.It would be incorrect to say that a glucagon syringe is going to rise 50 or 100 mg/dl the blood glycemia values ​​will depend on various factors such as the glycogen reserve or the patient's metabolic activity.Once the patient is stabilized, it is convenient to repeat measurements and be controlling as always.

The standard doses are:

• Adults: 1 ml, that is, all the content of the syringe.
  • Children & lt; 8 years or weight & lt; 25 kg: 0.5 ml, half syringe.
  • Children & GT; 8 years or weight & GT; 25 kg: 1 ml.

If it does not respond to the 15-20 minutes, doses should be repeated and in certain complicated cases they give dextrose IV.

You have enough information about the use of glucagon in this post and also easily to understand:
Link

Greetings :)

pamc1993's profile photo
pamc1993
06/16/2020 2:15 p.m.

pamc1993 said:
glucagon is a hormone that stimulates glucogenolysis.That is, glycogen degrades to obtain glucose and this glucose is released to the bloodstream quickly reverting hypoglycemia.

Obviously this system is used because the patient is unconscious and is also much faster than administering an HC ration, although in recovering consciousness it is recommended to administer HC of rapid absorption.It would be incorrect to say that a glucagon syringe is going to rise 50 or 100 mg/dl the blood glycemia values ​​will depend on various factors such as the glycogen reserve or the patient's metabolic activity.Once the patient is stabilized, it is convenient to repeat measurements and be controlling as always.

The standard doses are:

• Adults: 1 ml, that is, all the content of the syringe.
  • Children & lt; 8 years or weight & lt; 25 kg: 0.5 ml, half syringe.
  • Children & GT; 8 years or weight & GT; 25 kg: 1 ml.

If it does not respond to the 15-20 minutes, doses should be repeated and in certain complicated cases they give dextrose IV.

You have enough information about the use of glucagon in this post and also easily to understand:
Link

Greetings :)

👍👍 Great.Very clear.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
06/16/2020 11:27 p.m.

Excuse friends: I know we are talking about the same thing, but that is the acronym HC, they talk about HC but some people apologize in the nebulae we do not know everything.Thanks in advance for clarifying it to the person who does it.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
06/27/2020 11:18 p.m.

Mario_s, apologize what this HC?, I understand the glucagon;But what is I imagined or what is a substitute for glucagon.PORFA can answer my email alfredoherrera1325@gmail.com I am in Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
06/27/2020 11:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.