{'en': "I get stressed in class (although I know that I shouldn't)", 'es': 'Me estresa comer en clase (aunque se que no debería)'} Image

I get stressed in class (although I know that I shouldn't)

Jose3332's profile photo   02/11/2020 6:19 p.m.

Hello,

For diabetes sometimes I have to eat in class and I stress a lot when eating.

I blame myself.I think they are going to tell me something.

Once after once it has been shown that nothing happens, yet it still happens to me.

Do not please "you need it", "you have to do it the same or not."

A help, please

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
02/11/2020 6:19 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

If you take sugar, nobody finds out.And it is worth the same

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/11/2020 7:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Jose3332

I use very small square pills.Each is equivalent to half a ration.They are very small and discreet.I always carry 4 in my pocket.And when I am in meetings if I need to take a pocket and take it.No one finds out and if someone sees me, it is thought that it is a caramelillo.

You have nothing to hide or to feel ashamed.Over time you will realize that there are very worse things!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/11/2020 9:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I don't know your age, but as a teacher and diabetic I tell you two things:
1) The teachers, except for some cenutrio, that there is everything, knowing that you are diabetic (and if we do not know you say it and point) we are not going to tell you anything to eat in class or to make a measurement if you need it.In any case, we will ask if you need something.
2) Students, at least in my case, see normal that if I need it, I take out the machine and measure me, well because I have to control at two hours (in principle I am type 2 but with very rare behavior and make me do the controlsFrom time to time) or because I notice something weird (and I prefer to take a hicc as late), all they do is ask me if they are going to look for another teacher to stay with them or help me.And if you are a student and they are your classmates I guess they know you and know what happens, so they will not tell you anything.
It is true that in the face of something that is not usually allowed, such as eating in class, we stress and have a bad time, but ... everything is getting used.You do what you need to be fine ... and then the rest is clarified.
Much encourage @Jose332

cgs's profile photo
cgs
02/11/2020 10:36 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Azucarillos, caramelos, small jelly beans, glucose envelopes, ... They are all discreet and no one has to find out the teacher so that it does not attract your attention.
Your quiet, in time you will call for everything and go from everyone.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/12/2020 6:34 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.