White chocolate

Alian's profile photo   02/12/2020 8:55 a.m.

White chocolate says it is worse than black chocolate, is it?

Alian's profile photo
Alian
02/12/2020 8:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are people who categorically ensure that white chocolate is not chocolate ...
It is practically in its entirety cocoa butter (fat), no cocoa and sugar, therefore, of course, it is worse than any chocolate (cocoa almost entirely: more cocoa less sugar) more pure.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/12/2020 9:03 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

@Alian
In my opinion to white they should not call it chocolate!Oh well

I take 85% cocoa chocolate from time to time, but it is not worth whim.That was repeated here many times.
Keep in mind, that more than half is fat (and a lot of saturated), so that the carbohydrates that have very slowly enter.

In my case, the chocolate that I take for 100 gr about 20 gr of carbohydrates.I take when I feel like (because I love the bitter taste that it has) a small tablet of about 10 grams, that is, about 2 gr of carbohydrates that I do not tell, although I notice them after a while with a slight climb on the sensor, but verybit.And I stay so comfortable

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/12/2020 11:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I remind you that cocoa is bitter.Understanding the toasted and ground seed by cocoa.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/12/2020 2:27 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

alian said:
white chocolate say it is worse than black chocolate, is it true?

Worse ... In what sense?

In flavor, in price, in quality ...?
Regarding glycemia?

Your question is very relative.As for blood glucose, I suppose it is what is referred to, white chocolate is sweeter than black chocolate because it carries more sugar -& GT;The sugar rises more, at the expense of a better flavor.

So, as for your question ... Is it worse?

As for flavor: no.In fact, it is sweeter than black chocolate and, therefore, more pleasant for the palate.

In terms of glycemic climb: yes.Obviously, due to its greater amount of glucose.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.For the next one, the precision as to what you ask is of vital importance 😉

All the best!

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/12/2020 10:57 p.m.

alian said:
white chocolate say it is worse than black chocolate, is it true?

Worse ... In what sense?

In flavor, in price, in quality ...?
Regarding glycemia?

Your question is very relative.As for blood glucose, I suppose it is what is referred to, white chocolate is sweeter than black chocolate because it carries more sugar -& GT;The sugar rises more, at the expense of a better flavor.

So, as for your question ... Is it worse?

As for flavor: no.In fact, it is sweeter than black chocolate and, therefore, more pleasant for the palate.

In terms of glycemic climb: yes.Obviously, due to its greater amount of glucose.

I hope I have clarified your doubts.For the next one, the precision as to what you ask is of vital importance 😉

All the best!

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/12/2020 10:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.