{'en': 'Doubt about clock and miao miao', 'es': 'Duda sobre reloj y miao miao'} Image

Doubt about clock and miao miao

AliciaPablo's profile photo   09/23/2019 1:19 p.m.

Good morning!

My son has been with type 1 diabetes for four months and we are questioning buying Miao Miao 2.

But a lot of doubts arise, that Smartwatch would recommend me to take it to school.

And through the clock the data will reach the parents of the parents?

Thank you!!

AliciaPablo's profile photo
AliciaPablo
09/23/2019 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

All this is a new world for us and although we read a lot about the subject, experience is a degree.

AliciaPablo's profile photo
AliciaPablo
09/23/2019 1:20 p.m.

Hello, I have seen this topic in the forum that you may be interested

Link

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
09/24/2019 2:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Aliciapablo you have 2 options Buy a Clock with Sim card included, (there are many Chinese brands) with what would be practically like a mobile, and with the SIM clock card I would send the glycemia to the cloud with Nightscout and you would see them on your phone.- The other option is a android wear smartwatch type ticwatch or similar but in this way I would have to have wifi at school to be able to send the glycemia of the clock to the cloud and you can see them.-

Anyway with an Android Wear and Miaomiao 2 clock we are still proveing ​​that Miaomiao 2 picks up the data directly from the clock without needing a phone nearby. Miaomiao 1 if I did.

I know that this will seem like a roll if you are not a little stuck in forums and others, the only thing I advise you is that you read and wallOf course) and a lot of patience, nobody has been born here but by force hang up !!And all this will be for the tranquility of your child and especially for yours.- encouragement !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/24/2019 7:38 p.m.

Continuing the advice of Sigsauer, I would first tell you that first of all tranquility.I started with 11 years and there was nothing of this.Today 33 years later I am perfect and with glycosilada of 5.9.So much mood.
Ideally, is to teach your child (what are you years?) To be self-sufficient.For me it was the fundamental thing, since most of the time, even having the help and support of the parents, we need to understand how to act.
Regarding your technological doubts, if you consider that you carry only clock to combine with Miaomiao2, I would go to an Android clock that has data connection (a SIM with your own number and data connection).It is the only way that the "followers" that you would be receiving information every 5 minutes of how it goes.Of course, my advice is to have a good battery.My experience is that most android watches do not endure beyond 8-9 hours luckily.I bought an H5 microwear because I was 4g, but my disappointment is the battery life.Of course, you install the XDRIP+ program without problem as if it were a phone and so on.
Depending on age, a smartphone with super battery may be better.I have a Xiaomi Redmi 3S for a long time ago, with 4100 mAh of drums and lasts two days with permanently connected Bluetooth and sometimes some wifi and data.If you leave it with 3G data connection (more than enough, 4G spends more battery) would last all day.How will you use XDRIP+ I recommend that you download the app and install the phone to see their possibilities (when installing then you put it in Spanish and point).Especially you have to configure the insulin hydrates ratios well, since they do it the other way around the endocrine.The app asks it as the grams ratio of HC between insulin units.Endocrine usually make insulin units between rations (not grams) of HC, being 10 gr = 1 ration HC.
Any questions about this can ask me.Without a doubt, I have managed to control the glucose very well thanks to this.So you can imagine how well I'm going, I make out-bike outflows of 40-70 kms and with this telling me every 5 minutes as I learn how much and when I must eat.
As learning: Use it to see the peaks that each meal makes and you will learn a lot about what to eat, how to eat and even the order in which to eat.My endocrine recommended me to eat the protein first than HC and is spectacular as the curve softens, and if you add fiber, better.

Finally: I leave you a discount code for myomiao2
FRIEND-WLR9998

They will discount you 10 dollars.I am not going to fool you.They will also give me a part of what you spend.I do not dedicate myself to that, but it is good for me to buy the replacement stickers, although also use the elastic rubber support.You can use the coupon or any other you find online, but use some, $ 10 will give more or less for the shipping costs they have.

Send me a private if you have doubts about xDrip+ or similar or post it here

Courage and do not discourage you: those who start with children are the "best adapted" because we have had years of learning;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2019 1:53 p.m.

Good morning, my son is 15 years old and debuted 3. He has free freestyle but I need some system that warns us of hiccups, especially at night.We do not get stabilized, especially when you have been doing sports in the afternoon
The idea would be for the alarms to reach his watch (essential for school because he cannot be consulting the mobile).But also that they get to my phone at night.? Is it possible to configure alerts on your watch, your mobile and my mobile, that is, on 3 devices?If it's Bluetooth, would you need to be close to the sensor?I do not need the alerts to arrive when he is at school or with his friends, but at night while in another room.Thank you so much

clara_alex's profile photo
clara_alex
01/20/2020 10:27 a.m.

Hello!Has anyone tried the Amazfit GTS or does he know if he would work with Miao Miao?

hcsara's profile photo
hcsara
01/21/2020 4:37 p.m.

29 años
DM1 desde 2014
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight + Dexcom G6 + DBLG1 (Diabeloop)

I add another smartwacht that apparently "only" is focused on communicating with Miao Miao and lasting the battery Link
in the Lei group that was easy to configure and worked well .. that is implementing its connectivity with XDrip and that its alarms are only by vibration ...

sugarluis's profile photo
sugarluis
01/22/2020 1:46 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.