{'en': 'Where to put sensors?', 'es': 'Donde poner sensores?'} Image

Where to put sensors?

BARROSA's profile photo   02/17/2020 11:03 a.m.

Hello everyone!

I have been pump and sensors for almost two years ... And for the sensors I only work for me.

I have tried the buttocks on more than one occasion ... but they begin to give me problems from moment 1.

It is a gain that only work there.

You can give me some advice both to try again in the buttocks or in another area that works for you

Thanks equipment.

BARROSA's profile photo
BARROSA
02/17/2020 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Barrosa

You have tried in the arms.In the area rather close to triceps.It is the area that recommends for Abbott sensors.You can consult it on your page, but the Dexcom G6 TB sensors work well in that area.I just checked

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/17/2020 3:46 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Barrosa I have used Freestyle, Dexcom G4 and Medtronic and always in the arm.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/22/2020 5:09 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I would recommend where the manufacturer indicates.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/22/2020 5:39 p.m.

My son carried dexcom in an arm and worked very well, (the manufacturer does not indicate an arm) and the free with Miao takes him in the arm (if indicated) and does well x now.Beyond what manufacturers recommend, people are looking for an area that goes well singularly, I have seen the thigh with very good values ​​and in the chest in men.
When one makes a claim if the area that uses does not mention it is not authorized and ready.
You have to encourage to try.
My son took him to Dexcom three days in leg and the values ​​were much better than arm but he threw him and we changed it

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
02/23/2020 7:57 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

barrosa said:
hello everyone!I have been pump and sensors for almost two years ... And for the sensors I only work the abdomen
I have tried the buttocks on more than one occasion ... but they begin to give me problems from moment 1 ..
It is a gain that only work there ..
You can dsr some advice both to try again in the buttock or in another area that works for you
Thanks equipment.

With Dexcom I have always been in an arm, with the clear inconveniences of pressing it when sleeping, now I have passed to Freestyle+Miao and I am carrying it inside the thigh and the truth that surprised how well I am doing.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/24/2020 7:19 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

If it is Dexcom, do not occur to you where the manufacturer tells you, in 95% times it is where less hard.In an arm as they indicate you is normally where hard as a general rule.Make it with Skin Tac more additional dressing if it is dexcom

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/26/2020 8:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I never use the arms because I lose them.In 4 years, in the arm 2 times and none arrived at 14 days, I lose them with the door, bag or backpack effect.
I changed to buttocks and thighs, and they are great.
On Facebook I saw that some British put them on the chest.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/29/2020 11:20 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello the freestyle that is the one that I use better in the back of the arm to two three side elbow.I do not work for me and in buttocks the rest of the belly and TB brands depends if you are very skinny like me and you have muscle tissue but it does not go well and the freestyle has the very short filament and in thin people it is fine

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
03/01/2020 12:14 p.m.

Hi @Barrosa!I also don't have the abdomen comfortable.The place I use, as @jldiazdel tells us, are the arms (although it is not the established X Medtronic).It can be outside and also in the inside.I have not lost any x the doors!Instead of the adhesives who bring the sensors that are sticky and irritate me, I use the secure tape - 3 ". You can see the different models on the page www.grifgrips.com. They sell them on Amazon, I am from Uruguay and theI buy from the USA but they are also there.. Pegan muy bien y no irritan. Mucha suerte y gracias a todos x estar ahí siempre. Saludos Mariela/Uruguay

muriarte's profile photo
muriarte
03/02/2020 12:50 a.m.

barrosa said:
hello everyone!

I have been pump and sensors for almost two years ... And for the sensors I only work for me.

I have tried the buttocks on more than one occasion ... but they begin to give me problems from moment 1.

It is a gain that only work there.

You can give me some advice both to try again in the buttocks or in another area that works for you

Thanks equipment.

Hello!

I have 1 years old with diabetes, I have 45 now and I have 2 years using Dexcom sensors, although they recommend putting them in the abdomen caused me a lot of signal loss problem and probe and probe!And zaz the best place in the groin, I mean a little and in the middle between the knee and the hips because the lost signal is wonderful, the perfect measures, the best of all that last a lot with dexcom up to 30 days!And what else haaa do not hinder to sleep !!!I recommend it a lot there and in the arm in front or on the side if you go to the sea or to swim, you always have it in sight ...

Good luck!

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/08/2020 8:48 p.m.

Where the manufacturer recommends.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
03/09/2020 1:07 a.m.

The sensors each one tests areas that are going well for one, with Dexcom.
You have to try.

Danielita76's profile photo
Danielita76
03/09/2020 1:33 p.m.

Mamá de Tomás 10 años. Dt1 hace 5 años. Con Iport y free1+Bubble mini. Argentina.
Tresiba 9u y Lispro.

Hello!I started from the arms (Freestyle) as recommended by the manufacturer.I think he went to the third when I tried in the thigh.I put it up more or less of the pants pocket, in the front of the front, and it is super comfortable, it is also not so striking because it passes perfectly through a coin of two euros and being just at that height ... in addition, you don't have to constantly rubbing the mobile (as with your arm) to find the sensor, you have it 'by hand'.And the readings, in my case, perfect.
A hug.

Esther Mase's profile photo
Esther Mase
04/15/2020 9:05 p.m.

I use freestyle free and although its only official area by the manufacturer is the arm I have tried to use them also on chest, high buttock zone, thighs and forearm.By precision I keep up with the buttock for comfort in the chest 😉

sil's profile photo
sil
04/16/2020 2:57 p.m.

FreeStyle Libre + MiaoMiao / Tresiba + Fiasp
DM1. Última HbA1c: 5,7%

Sil, in the chest is it comfortable?, I have tried two, in arm and the buttock, in both of them it is good, similar precision, in the gluteus gives you more precision?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/16/2020 5:48 p.m.

I have tried arm, buttock and leg.Precision the same.
Slipping comfort, leg and arm in that order.
Some British take it in the chest (FB forum), 2 fingers per sechor's oak, but there is little chicha, I don't know how the measurements.In that area I have the bone attached to the skin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
04/18/2020 10:28 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Uff, there gives me grima !!, haha, having other possible places.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/19/2020 9:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.