Hello

cuasy's profile photo   02/18/2020 4:23 p.m.

Hi, I'm Casy, a 57 -year -old man.9 I was diagnosed with a "lad" diabetes.I currently have been my glycosilada very well, the last time 6.4.I have never climbed 7 since I take care of it.I put myself, according to the endocrine, 48 of Basal at 7 in the morning and if I see that before the meals I have the glucose above 150 two of Rapida to correct.I try to do all the sport I can and as a rule I will go every day that allows me, making a monthly average of 200 km.
There is a question that baffles me.The amount of basal insulin that I put, currently 48 depends on what or for resistance to it?Why other people with higher glycosilada that get less basal.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
02/18/2020 4:23 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
A1c: 6,1% (NOV-20)
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

Wow, I thought I had written it in presentation and has left here .. You can change your place or delete it, thank you.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
02/18/2020 4:24 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

@cuay, the basal dose may be high because you are not getting quickly before meals.But each one carries their treatment, there are no two equal diabetes.
The important thing is to have it controlled, with good glycosiladas
Greetings!.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/18/2020 5:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@cuasy

Hello, I have dm1 lada and I started about 2 years ago.I put only 6 basal and I quickly put on all meals with a factor around 1 (a ration, a fast unit).I do not put insulin quickly in a fixed way but depending on the carbohydrates that.And that works for me.
If I put the amount that you put your basal, it would end up in a couple of hours in the emergency room.
But each one is very different.If you have a good HB and the endocrine seems good, keep it up.If you put the basal at night, in theory a way of seeing that you have to adjust the basal is whether you get up more/less as you lie down.
For example, when I left the hospital about two years ago I started with 14 basal, and I had hypos continuously at night and in the morning.I went down very gradually, of unity unity, but I should have dropped to the beginning of two by two.In the end I managed to stabilize, for the moment, around 6 from Basal.Sometimes low to 5 if I do a lot of sport.
Over time the factors, both basal and quickly, can vary, especially in your case that you just started.Follow the three -day rule before varying.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/18/2020 5:19 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well yes, I started with 22 basal, with the recommendation to upload 2 units or lower if it was above 120 or below more than three consecutive days.Little by little I began to climb until I reached 48. I put it at 7 in the morning and the truth is that I arrive in the morning with a level of 110 or so.Sundays rides a little because it abuses a little more than the festive day.
To tell rations not much with me because as what is, to a greater or lesser extent, depending on the load that that food entails that day, but as of everything.My peptide C is at 0.430 and another endocrine told me that "you don't produce an insulin potato."Hahaha good term.The days I am not going to walk for work I put a couple of fast units.

Looking a little the daily graph of the freelabre I see that I am tracing practically the same every day except Sundays.

cuasy's profile photo
cuasy
02/18/2020 6:06 p.m.

57 AÑOS en 2020
LADA dic/2012.
Toujeo 32 uds 8 AM
Hualoj Lispro 4/6/0
FreeStyle FEBRERO/2020

Welcome to the @cuasy forum!

fer's profile photo
fer
02/18/2020 6:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@cuasy, because if you are well controlled, do not change.

I have the C Peptide in 0.35, a year to debut (in my first year they did not do any control of the peptide) I was at 0.85 and I have already been developing 5 years.
Use little basal, 12 units at night and 2 quickly at each meal, sometimes 3 if I see that it carries fats or meat.(The meat raises me).I have dropped from 22 basal units to 11 or 12 when leaving the aerobic exercise and doing strength exercises.

As I understand there are two ways to control: only basal as you, but it implies large quantities and fixed meals in quantity and time, or with rapid insulin on demand and depending on what one eats, the slow one is used inlower quantity.Each has its advantages and disadvantages and each person is a world.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/19/2020 2:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.