{'en': 'Fear for feeding after extraction of the tooth of the Type 1 diabetes trial', 'es': 'Miedo por alimentación tras extracción de la muela del juicio Diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Fear for feeding after extraction of the tooth of the Type 1 diabetes trial

Beatriz10's profile photo   10/06/2019 9:18 p.m.

Good night to all.
My name is Beatriz Morales, I have Type 1 diabetes for 15 years and my dentist has recently informed me of an extraction of the Muela from the trial.The truth is that I am quite afraid because they have never extracted one and what worries me is what I can eat the first days after the operation.

I have a Humalog and Lantus treatment for many years, then my fear is in what type of diet I can continue to continue applying insulin every day without fear of possible hypoglycemia while the days of healing pass.Since they have told me that the first days I can barely eat anything solid for not being able to open my mouth.

And my question is ... can I only be based on fast absorption foods?But how do I wear my insulin dose?Has anyone gone through this experience?

Thank you very much and happy day.

Beatriz10's profile photo
Beatriz10
10/06/2019 9:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I went through the same thing that you about 5 years ago.Like you had Humalog and Mantis, now I don't use Tresiba.
You should not worry about anything, the same day of extraction, eat soft and cold things so as not to have hemorrhage (they will tell you).Humalog doses vary depending on what you eat, so if at noon you only eat yogurt, cold puree, somewhat light, your dose will be lower than the one you usually wear.The day of Extraction Comi in a bar and without problem with soft and not hot food.
At night the same and with Lantus if you want to go down a pair of Unid, but go that on the second day you are much better and you will eat without problem. I was very scared and had a terrible fear and turned out to be much less than what I thought.Much encouragement

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/06/2019 11:07 p.m.

Sorry, I wanted to put Lantus *, no mantis (the concealer) ☺️

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
10/06/2019 11:08 p.m.

You can eat almost the same hydrates with purees of legumes and fruits, and yogurts.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/07/2019 2:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have been operated on the four teeth of the trial, two and two, having to reach the mandibula in two of them, you can always chew on the other side

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/11/2019 9:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

They took me 4 at the same time and without problem.I was the day of the operation without eating anything and the next only broth and puree, then I started to eat other soft or crushed things and little by little I eaten again.In puree you can eat anything, I crushed fish and chicken with vegetables, legumes ... the fruits can eat roasted or cooked in the micums that are harder like the apple.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/12/2019 5:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.