Difference between glycemia with hair sample and with freestyle sensor

tonino's profile photo   10/17/2019 7:31 p.m.

I have been with the freestyle sensor and I would like to know what you think about the difference between hairbill measurement with puncture and blood glucose in interstitial liquid with freestyle sensor.
My experience is that in interstitial liquid the measurement is 15-25 mg/dl less than in capillary blood and that has a 45-60 minutes delay.
What is yours?
Greetings.

tonino's profile photo
tonino
10/17/2019 7:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The delay is 15 minutes and the difference between capillary glucose and interstitial glucose, many times, is 0 (is usually less than 15 mg/dl -Anal analysis well done and with a good new glucometer [better if it is Abbott] -).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/17/2019 7:42 p.m.

breast said:

That is not my experience.
Could it be that each sensor is different?I carry less than 14 days and I go for the first.
Thank you.

tonino's profile photo
tonino
10/17/2019 7:46 p.m.

Yes they are different, but also very, very, very equal to each other.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/17/2019 8:53 p.m.

@Tonino

In my case, when I used the Abbott sensor, I had a delay from 30 to 40 m, and I check it many times.

Abbott's sensors, when they go bad, that happens, can give you huge differences.Even though the trend, ups and downs always worked.But I have had sensors that have given me mistakes of more than 50!

In theory the average error should be around +/- 15 mg.Sometimes above sometimes below.

In any case, if you have to make a correction, never do it for what the sensor tells you.Check it before in capillary measurement.I kicked her a couple of times!

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/18/2019 2:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I stopped using Free because I did not mark anything well, deviations of more than 50-60 in blood, I marked when I was in 130 for example, it didn't matter where I put it, I marked so badly, that I stopped using them.The last one I bought, on the 5th

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
10/20/2019 5:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.