Type 1 and Finasteride Diabetes

roolandoo's profile photo   03/03/2020 10:38 a.m.

Hello, I am type 1 diabetic and for a couple of weeks I have the highest glucose measurements normal.
Has agreed that I am starting to take finer (a hair medication).

I have spoken with the doctor, I have reread the prospect and I have searched online, but I can't find anything that indicates that the Finasteride can be causing this climb.

Do you have any data on this topic? Is it a coincidence?

Greetings and thank you very much.

roolandoo's profile photo
roolandoo
03/03/2020 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@roolando

Just out of curiosity, I have looked at the prospect and I have seen Q Finasteride, specifically decreases the levels of the dihydrotestosterone hormone (DHT).It only occurs to me that maybe it is affecting TB at testosterone levels.And I have found some article about the evidence of low levels of testosterone and diabetes (type 2).Maybe a low level increases insulin resistance
But I don't know much more.I only pass these articles in case they give you a track.

I hope you find the cause.If you keep affecting you, maybe you have to stop stopping it.I have already lost enough hair and I have already surrendered!

Link
Link insulin-20151201124503099451/

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/03/2020 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thanks Jldiazdel, I will study the subject.Although I miss a little in the technical part.
I will keep looking, but I am clear that I prefer to stay bald than lose health ...; ;-)

roolandoo's profile photo
roolandoo
03/03/2020 11:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.