Sensitivity Hypoglycemia

BARROSA's profile photo   10/27/2019 8:18 p.m.

Good night, I'm somewhat worried ... I tell you, I always noticed the hypos, even when it reached a value of 90
Well good, I've been a week since I'm not yaven the 60 ... I don't find out !!!
I have a bomb, with what I have predictive stop, but it is something that worries me a lot
Do you know this is reversible?And it is that I have a few days of continuous hypos ....
Thanks for your comments

BARROSA's profile photo
BARROSA
10/27/2019 8:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The possibility of detecting hypoglycemia to different glucose values ​​does change throughout life (and therefore is reversible), but do not expect spectacular changes (in my case, I went from 50..55 mg/dl to 70..75 mg/dl in more than two years with "very good control").
Anyway, remember that hypoglycemia is considered glucose (blood or interstitial) values ​​below 70 mg/dl;So I congratulate you for having detected glycems from 90 mg/dl.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/28/2019 12:47 p.m.

That happens because the body is "accommodating" glucose values.If you have for example of normal 180 mg/dl the body will get used to those values, then for him 90 mg/dl will seem hypoglycemia.On the other hand, if you have 90 mg/dl normal, the body gets used to these values, then for him 60 mg/dl will seem hypoglycemia.Another example is if you are on many occasions in 70 mg/dl, you will stop noticing these hypoglycemia and should be 60 mg/dl to notice them.

Although it could also be because with the predictive stop the arrival in hypoglycemia or the time you have been in hypoglycemia is different from whether you would not have this system.For example, your hypoglycemia may be the product of a slow down of your sugar, so the body costs it more to detect it.If you use other systems such as insulin pen you can get out of 100 to 60 mg/dl quickly and that the body detects it more easily.

Another explanation is when you have been with diabetes for many years, which is lost sensitivity to low sugar, but this is somewhat longer and more progressive over time.However, with the predictive stop system you should not worry, except in the physical exercise that I understand does not avoid all hypoglycemia.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/29/2019 6:04 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers, yes I have insulin bomb, so what I have done is to tell the bomb to let me know before, not to reach 60 !!
And any of the explanations you have indicated to me, could apply it to me ...

BARROSA's profile photo
BARROSA
10/30/2019 1:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.