{'en': 'Hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia'} Image

Hyperglycemia

MartaCR's profile photo   03/03/2020 1:13 p.m.

Hi there.

I have been with DM type 1 for almost two years, and to date I have had good control.However, since February my basal needs have suddenly increased.

I have uploaded the basal from 7 to 11 (and I have to continue uploading it) in a matter of two weeks, and yet I remain quite high.With the rapid the same.

Before, with 1 or 2 units I covered my food well (I don't take many hydrates either), and now I need three, four and make me many times corrections eating the same and practicing the same sport.

There are times that I really think that insulin is like water.

Anyway, I do not know what to do, if I have ended the honeymoon so suddenly or what, but I have not been controlling it and it is starting to affect myself.

In addition, I feel much more fans, which I don't know if it will have to do.

Greetings,

MartaCR's profile photo
MartaCR
03/03/2020 1:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Martacr

If you have been like this for a month, something is really changing / happening.Try to continue adjusting the doses, and try to always maintain the same amounts of carbohydrates in breakfast, food and dinner, to see if you find out what happens.
If you already do that, it only happens to me that you can go to the endocrine as soon as possible and consult with it and that they make you an analysis of blood and urine.Also to check the origin of the fan that you comment.Maybe you are accumulating an excess of liquids for some reason (infection, something related to the kidneys, urinary system) and that greatly affects glucose levels.

Cheer up

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/03/2020 2:34 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

It seems that you were on honeymoon, because you put very little insulin.You will have to raise doses and adapt them to glucose.
The endocrine will give you guidelines.
The slow first is usually uploaded, according to values ​​when awakening, and the rapid according to values ​​after meals.
One in one unit.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/03/2020 8:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, it seems that it is already better, and today I have gotten up.Anyway I will talk to the endocrine.Thank you!

MartaCR's profile photo
MartaCR
03/08/2020 4:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.