I'm in Japan and I don't know if I have ketoacidosis

Jotabono's profile photo   10/30/2019 2:46 a.m.

Hello good!Well, I have been in Japan for a week and ... total lack of control with insulin, there are days that the food rises a lot, others that lowers me a lot despite having eaten a lot ...

Balanitis has appeared (inflammation in the penis) and I notice sweet smell when breathing, and I am very scared if it can be ketoacidosis.

I have tried to buy an ointment for balanitis, but they don't want to sell it to me without a recipe.

I have looked at the ketosis with the strips and I get between 5 and 15 of ketosis.I'm going to try to lower it as I can ...

What worries me is the sweet aroma ... I hope not having ketoacidosis

Recommendations?On Saturday I return to Spain.:/

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/30/2019 2:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ELENACNU's profile photo
ELENACNU
10/30/2019 11 a.m.

Do you really have 5 or 0.5?

ELENACNU's profile photo
ELENACNU
10/30/2019 11:01 a.m.

@Jotabono, I measure blood ketone bodies with areo glucomen and does not correspond to the 5/15 measures you report.
If you measure ketones in urine, remember that it gives you information about your ketones 4 hours ago.
My doctor's recommendations: in case of ketosis without vomiting or dehydration increase oral contribution (fruit juice, sugar, cocacola) and adjust insulin in supplementary bolus.
If there are vomiting runs to the hospital.And suspend all oral intake and put 3000ml/ day of glycosylated solution and supplementary bolus every 4 hours as required.And rest.
@Fer, friend fer, ???There is a possibility of putting a "red panic button" so that we use it in case of extreme need, as is the case right now.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/30/2019 11:17 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Correct the high values ​​quickly and raise the slow one if you wake up high.
If you do not regulate it quickly go to the emergency room.
Is insulin spoiled?

Did you fix it?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/30/2019 11:23 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Fer and I continue with my red button!It can also serve if someone is traveling and does not have their insulins or strips or etc.Surely there is someone nearby who offers to help.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/30/2019 11:31 a.m.

Hello good!Here are now 20:51.Today the day has been weird, I am worried about what I have told you, which said that ketosis gave me 5 is according to the guideline that attached in the image.Today I had diarrhea, but I don't know if something here has sat me badly.I have been able to better control my hyperglycemia, but I think what I lack is slow.I lowered the dose of slow and fast.According to meals and how I am glucose at that time.Well, the first days I had hypos without stopping, I don't know if we don't stop walking or what.

Now I feel good.From time to time as I overwhelm and have a little nausea and what I told you this morning, that I have a sweet aroma in my nose, but since this morning I have not noticed it anymore.

I hope I have not to go to the hospital, because here it can be a tremendous mess :(

As soon as I get to the hotel I do another ketonuria test.

Thank you all!

Jotabono's profile photo
Jotabono
10/30/2019 12:55 p.m.

Try to hydrate well, ketoacidosis can also occur due to dehydration, especially if you have vomiting or diarrhea.And it also tries to control the glucose, if you need it, it goes up insulin because it is the main flow of ketoacidosis, the lack of insulin.
With that, the ketones will surely lower you to normal levels.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
10/30/2019 1:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Jotabono I hope you are better!, above all, do not overwhelm, which has a solution!

solar said:
@fer and I continue with my red button!.It can also serve if someone is traveling and does not have their insulins or strips or etc.Surely there is someone nearby who offers to help.

Good @solaria!, I love the idea, but you have to explain a little more about how you think we could do this red button, and especially how you imagine it should work.

I imagine the red button as an option in the forum for priority messages, or something, is that what you mean, or to something else?

Greetings!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/30/2019 4:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, exact!A message that is read the first.Identified with a little star, or something.May the other users know that someone is in trouble.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/30/2019 6:51 p.m.

solar said:
@fer, exact!.A message that is read the first.Identified with a little star, or something.May the other users know that someone is in trouble.

It seems very good idea

cgs's profile photo
cgs
10/30/2019 8 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.