{'en': 'Insulin has no effect', 'es': 'La insulina no me hace efecto'} Image

Insulin has no effect

Julyatou's profile photo   11/01/2019 11:32 a.m.

Hi how are things?

I still make a mess.

Until now, eating few hydrates and with 10 units of Abasaglar at night I was having good values, it rarely exceeds 180

Yesterday he finally saw me an endocrine, after three months of the debut !!

To start he told me that I am type 1. in the emergency room and my header doctor said it was type 2

Then he told me that you can't live with so few hydrates.I measure 1.70 and weight 44 kilos.I was not for pleasure with the low carbohydrate diet, it was the only solution I had to control hyperglycemia!That I would have gathered before !!If he leaves me for three months because something had to do me ???

Anyway, that I changed the night, I put on Abasaglar and now it has given me toujeo 10 units.And for the day Humalog Junior has scheduled.He says that I measure me only before each meal (I make five meals a day, I like to eat hehehe) he says that if I am more than 250 before a meal I put 1 Humalog unit.If I am more than 300 k, I put a half and a half.And if I pass 400 k put 2 units

He will visit me again in a week and he told me that during these days he eats absolutely everything, and none of the room of plate of hydrates no!That puts me half a dish of vegetables, half a plate of hydrates and what I want with protein and also dessert apple

Well, that was yesterday morning.When I got home I was 189, I followed your instructions and ate croquettes with egg, lettuce, rye bread and apple.For the time of the snack I was already 307!

Before dinner the glucometer marked 324 so following its instructions I put a half of humalog in my arm.I ate a hamburger of hake with salad, rye bread and another apple as he told me.At 11 I put the 10 units of Toujeo.Ah and I also took Xelevia, one in the morning and another at night.Well, with all that before bed I was 368!And this morning I got up at 203!

I do not know if it will be true that you cannot be without carbohydrates, but without them towards more than a month that did not have these figures?I have aversion to the needles and click I cost my life, and the bad time has not served me at all!Obviously the endocrine knows more than I and I'm going to listen to him until he see what he is coming next week.But I have been making the sacrifice hungry for a month to keep it at bay and now with insulin and I will spend the whole week to 300!It is desperate !!

Sorry, I needed to vent me!Thank you!!!

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/01/2019 11:32 a.m.

DM1 desde junio 2019 (49 años)
Humalog: 5-5-4
Toujeo: 13 (noche)
Hemo: 8,3

But, you will put it before eating, right?
You have to regulate insulin, endocrine each have their opinion, but personal care is ours, that the body is ours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2019 2:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Try not to pass in 180 posts.
And put on slow enough to wake up between 90 and 150.
Hydrates have to study them, next to the fast doses.Little by little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2019 2:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

You also have to learn to correct yourself with fast.Look to see how much a fast unit goes down when you are high.
And you are drawing conclusions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/01/2019 3:01 p.m.

You have not put how many croquettes you ate, the croquettes are very good !!But they are a watchmaking pump for the amount of fat, milk, bechamel and batter that carry that if they are homemade, if they are industrial will even take sugar.- They will upload a lot and with the fat they have then it is difficult to correct not to bethat you are going to do aerobic sports.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/01/2019 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But is it normal not to do any effect?Today I got up at 254 I have put 4 from Humalog I have only taken a slice of bread and now I am 295. That is, when I did not make it, it makes no sense !!

Julyatou's profile photo
Julyatou
11/08/2019 12:28 p.m.

DM1 desde junio 2019 (49 años)
Humalog: 5-5-4
Toujeo: 13 (noche)
Hemo: 8,3

You will need to go up dose of insulin.Fast, according to post or slow, as you wake up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/08/2019 4:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.