Ridiculous peaks for three days

Macarena93's profile photo   11/20/2019 2:08 a.m.

Hello!I had not been here for months because it seems that life smiled at me and with new work, moving, and perfect controls I have not had time or need to happen even if I continue reading you almost always.But it has returned a new file x to my life, I think I write to you not to find a solution because surely I do not have it, rather to vent.
On Sunday I had a day off at work and went out to dinner outside, gave me a fat hyper that took a long time to go down (I had to correct 4 times, I finished that night exhausted) I thought it had been for not working (my work is movidito andThat is something that takes into account the slow dose) and that perhaps missed the rations to the dinner outside.I got up with 90 and I had to walk that morning so I had breakfast just one ration thinking that I would stay in the range and if it happened to me a little I would put a Humalog unit (my ratio is 1.2 units for each ration approximately).He climbed me to 300, I got fed up and threw the two bolis in the garbage, I corrected with fast and worked, the post food went well and climbed me alone without eating and I had to correct before dinner so I thought that the slow was indeed it was badand that as soon as I put that of the new ball I would return to normal.
Mistake.
Two days in which I am in rank but peaks of more than 300 after food and dinner, and also a little at breakfast (less) yesterday I changed the ratios because this really moks me up, passes from 1.2of insulin for 1 ration at 2 of insulin per ration and this afternoon I had to correct 3 times and now at night there are another 3 (in total to return to range I have needed in 22 Humalog food for 7 rations and at dinner 30 ofHumalog for 11 rations) practically the triple of my usual ratio.It is true that I have chained 3 days off (I have rotating schedules in the company) but I have done a little exercise these days and I do not think that the activity will decrease a little makes it out of control.I do not know whether to change the Humalog Boli or that, damn senseless disease

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
11/20/2019 2:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Macarena93

Hello, I understand your anger, and I don't think I can help you a lot.I have little experience and it gives me the sensation that you had your factors very well controlled.

I also change the fast insulin cartridge once (I utlizo novorapid) when I saw that suddenly the factors that had calculated did not work for no apparent reason.In my case, the error was around 1.5 units and after two days followed by errors, change the cartridge and everything back to normal.It happened to me at the end of the life of the cartridge.And the endocrine told me that sometimes it happens and that I did well, but whenever I wait for two/three days to see if the problem persisted.We are not machines and there are many factors that affect us.

I can only think of these options: i) Maybe you have had an infection (without knowing / realizing);i) some strong hormonal change / menstrual cycle;iii) review the slow doses (but this does not seem to me, a priori, that it is the reason; iv) to change the Humalog ball (it may be some storage / temperature problem);v) Change fast insulin (this option can be more radical).

Maybe others with more experience in the forum have other ideas.TB tell your endocrine

Greetings and encouragement

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
11/20/2019 5:06 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@macarena93

Hello, I understand your anger, and I don't think I can help you a lot.I have little experience and it gives me the sensation that you had your factors very well controlled.

I also change the fast insulin cartridge once (I utlizo novorapid) when I saw that suddenly the factors that had calculated did not work for no apparent reason.In my case, the error was around 1.5 units and after two days followed by errors, change the cartridge and everything back to normal.It happened to me at the end of the life of the cartridge.And the endocrine told me that sometimes it happens and that I did well, but whenever I wait for two/three days to see if the problem persisted.We are not machines and there are many factors that affect us.

I can only think of these options: i) Maybe you have had an infection (without knowing / realizing);i) some strong hormonal change / menstrual cycle;iii) review the slow doses (but this does not seem to me, a priori, that it is the reason; iv) to change the Humalog ball (it may be some storage / temperature problem);v) Change fast insulin (this option can be more radical).

Maybe others with more experience in the forum have other ideas.TB tell your endocrine

Greetings and encouragement

Thank you very much for the answer, because it turns out that the next day (yesterday) everything returned to normal without having changed insulin, and in fact I have had to lower a slow unit because both yesterday and today I had to lift 2times to take something at night for being touched by a hypo.
What happens to me now is that, thanks the continueIt's a lot of time.I no longer have the same 300 peaks, it does not happen to me from 200, but it remains high and at 2 hours and 15 it starts to go down and as I no longer have food from the food I have to take a ration to stabilize it in100 and little just in case.
But well, I will discover what happens or will change the matter.I also blame it for the menstrual cycle and hormonal changes only seems to me an exaggeration as insulin resistance has increased, but this disease is that unpredictable.
Thank you again for answering, greetings :)

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
11/21/2019 12:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Macarena93 3 rare days is little, I started for 3 days, then 2 weeks that coincided with the change to Toujeo and last month 1 whole month without control.The Glyc has risen from 5.5 to 6.4.

I am already "normal" again, with my ratio 1: 1, but I have been 1: 6 and the basal from 14 to 20.
I did not know what to eat, what to do, that of anything ... or hormones, no infections or anything, a total resistance.I thought the honeymoon was over (I've been 4 years and 10 months), but suddenly, one day, control returns, and go down again.

The endocrine does not know why it happens.He asked the first time he lasted 3 weeks.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2019 7:20 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.