{'en': 'I am a 11 -month -old baby mother and I need advice!', 'es': 'Soy mamá de bebé de 11 meses y ¡necesito consejos!'} Image

I am a 11 -month -old baby mother and I need advice!

ine_milo's profile photo   11/25/2019 3:36 p.m.

Hello everyone,

About two months ago the 11 -month -old baby debut, we are from Argentina.

It was chaos, I came two months ago telling the pediatrician that I didn't see him well, he had been losing weight and told me that it was normal, that it was called "Catch up" (I want to cry with rage) ...

In the week of the debut he referred me to a nutritionist, I went to the guard two nights, I returned to the pediatrician who scored "happy vomitator" in the notebook, until he dehydrated and entered ketoacidosis ... just there they interned it, they measured himThe sugar (I had already gogged and asked the screams for a glycemia to rule out) and had almost 500 ... responded well to insulin, spent one day in therapy and an interned week, to normalize and educate the parents ...

Well, they already spent two months, this is chaos, we still do not learn well to control it and sometimes it is very hyperglycemia, but when we put it more insulin, I think I still have a lot to learn, I didn't know anything about diabetes,Only my grandfather's dad was insulin -dependent ...

So here I am, reading several things, trying to learn because the truth is that what they explained seems very basic and I want to be an expert (until I can start collaborating) ...

I want to put the insulin pump, they tell me that the sensors are from the age of 4, but I sent an email to Medtronic and they told me that it can be from babies.

I live in a northern province and the truth is that apparently there is not much experience with this disease in such a small baby.

I do not know whether to take him to Buenos Aires to give me an opinion, in addition the antibodies give him negative, and they tell me that this does not mean that it is not autoimmune, but I understand that yes and that it is genetic?

Anyway, I am a sea of ​​doubts (and nerves) ..

Thanks for reading me!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/25/2019 3:36 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

The antibodies can give negative and be autoimmune and with some genetic component .. so it was in the case of my daughter ..
It is difficult to regulate a baby with adult units, you will have to adjust units or less.
There are medium -unit syringes.
I have also read that you can prepare diluted insulin in the pharmacy, according to a medical recipe.
You need adequate formation, but little by little you will learn.
For now, the most important thing is to avoid hypoglycemia and adjust what you can.
The bomb could help you, but you have to find a medical team to control it.
Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/25/2019 5:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@ine_milo, welcome to the forum.Do not overwhelm, you'll be learning little by little.
Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
11/25/2019 6:05 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Thank you very much for your welcome words .. We are doing that, trying to avoid hypoglycemia and I try to understand how it works: s glucose .. we use syringes of half -unit, yes .. but so far I see that it is unpredictable to meAnd that is because I still have a lot to learn .. and I am thinking of taking a week or so to register absolutely everything he eats and make more measurements, as well as to understand a little better ... also takes his chest, which makes it more difficultCalculate quantities, but we are with a fixed insulin scheme and I think I have to learn to count carbohydrates and get an estimate with respect to the tit .. I want to put myself with that .. thanks for the spirits, and for participating in this forum to shareso generously their experiences

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/26/2019 3:22 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.

Welcome to the @ine_milo forum, first of all, many spirits! And patience! ... Learning to handle diabetes is a process that requires time, many months, so step by step, I am sure you do it as well as possible!

I recommend that you give you a reading (if you have not yet done) to this issue:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2019 9:34 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With babies it must be very difficult to control and succeed.You will have a trial and error period.This works like this, a few days we are great and others fail, the important thing is to fail as little as possible and make normal life.

It occurs to me that instead of breastfeeding, you extract the milk and give it in a bottle, so you can calculate how much it eats and if the insulin you have put it was enough or need more or less at 2 hours of eating.

With almost 1 year it will take fruits in snack, here you have it difficult because the crushed fruit rises like the foam.

Points to what time you measure him, how much insulin you put, which he has eaten and what glycemia is at 2 hours.This will help your pediatrician/endocrine to guide insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/28/2019 3:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your recommendations, I have also sent me a lot of info x that I appreciate infinitely ... I already get to work with the notes, because right now we are very very eye and I need something more concrete.Now I feel that I am doing everything by eye.Thank you very much to everyone.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
11/29/2019 4:36 p.m.

INE_MILO, the storm has already passed your baby is already prosecuted and you already debuted ´The child is going to get ahead.We all have every day and every day you will have as we say the players (more court), greetings Alfredo from Venezuela.FORWARD.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
12/07/2020 4:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good afternoon ine-milo, I have read everything fast, calm. Supply k your son are treating him with insulin NPH and regular. Ya k takes his breast. Or the same has still placed him basal insulin.From insulin, duration and how long it takes effect, breast milk has a blow of increased glycosuria because your child is in the process of formation and growth. It does not get nervous, pediatrician is here to help you. If you search the Internet.From diabetes Argentina, there you will find good professionals and classmates.coward for crying and asking for a nurse (my mother was not). My brother had 10 months and I was with my grandmother. We were 3 months in the hospital. I didn't go down from 300.To I did not bother him to tell him my story.My help when I need. APARTE OF DIABETES MELLITUS I AM SANITARY PROFESSIONAL. A cordial greeting companion.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/12/2020 6:08 p.m.

K5288pn25.

In these months, it is possible that your baby says "mom" or "dad" for the first time and may be communicated using body language, such as greeting with the hand and saying no head.Your baby will even pay more attention to the words and gestures of your parents and try to imitate them by all means.

rosa3's profile photo
rosa3
06/01/2023 3:09 a.m.

http://www.psicotipsve.com/

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.