COVID-19 and diabetes

Ruthbia's profile photo   03/13/2020 3:17 p.m.

COVID-19 and diabetes

The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) has prepared a picture of recommendations for people with diabetes and their relatives.These are the recommendations that have made public:

What can people do with diabetes and their loved ones?
For people living with diabetes, it is important to take precautions to avoid the virus if possible.The recommendations that are issued to the general public are doubly important for people living with diabetes and for any person who has close contact with people living with diabetes.

Wash your hands well and regularly.

Try to avoid touching your face before washing and drying your hands.
Clean and disinfect any object and surface that is touched frequently.
Do not share food, glasses, towels, tools, etc.
When you have or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a paper handkerchief or wear your arm curve if you don't have a handset at hand (discard the handkerchief properly after using it).
Try to avoid contact with anyone who presents symptoms of respiratory diseases, such as cough.
Try to avoid contact with anyone who presents symptoms of respiratory diseases, such as cough.
Think if you can make changes that help protect yourself or your loved ones.For example, can you avoid unnecessary business trips?Can you avoid meetings with many people?Can you avoid public transport?
If you are sick with flu -like symptoms, stay at home.

If you have diabetes:

Prepare in case you get sick.
Be sure to have all the relevant contact data by hand in case you need them.
Pay special attention to your glucose control.
If you have symptoms similar to those of the flu (high temperature, cough, difficulty breathing), it is important to consult a health professional.If phlegm is coughing, this can indicate an infection, so you should seek medical assistance and treatment immediately.
Any infection will raise its glucose levels and increase your need for liquids, so be sure to access a sufficient water supply.
Be sure to have a good supply of diabetes medicines you need.Think about what I would need if I had to take quarantine for a few weeks.
Be sure to have access to enough food.
Be sure to correct the situation if your blood glucose suddenly falls.
If you live alone, make sure that someone you can trust know that you have diabetes, since you may need assistance if you get sick.

Click here for more information

Source: International Diabetes Federation

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/13/2020 3:17 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I am scratched with the theme, I have been confined at home since Monday, leaving only for the absolutely essential (get the dog and buy food), fortunately I can afford it because I work at home.Cheer up to all the people of the forum, hope this will happen soon.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/15/2020 1:23 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Well, most cases are mild and having good control will not go to more serious.If anyone is happening, we already tell ourselves. See if we hope at home.
Much encouragement.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2020 2:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I guess we are all confined at home, but the problem
It will be for how long ...?This goes for long: you have to prepare physically and mentally and not get carried away by discouragement.Every day I intend to do at least 10 important jobs before sleeping.I am reviewing all the work that I had pending and I always lack time.
I have an SME, the digital certificate was fulfilled and I cannot pay for social insurance or do anything with the administration, but I have said that "it will stop."First is my health.
Take care of yourself ...

espiga01's profile photo
espiga01
03/25/2020 11:34 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I recover this thread, I don't know if this has been spoken in others, if so, please tell me.I would like to know, of those who have passed the Covid, how much you have had to raise the insulin.
I was yesterday with muscle and feverish pain, although today I have nothing but I have already a 200% basal and I still think it is not enough, I have not made PCR but I think it will be Covid because my husband has a positive PCR.
For now the symptoms do not advance worse but it is still early to sing victory.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/08/2021 5:50 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

I have to go to work but almost totally confinary.I work in a residence and today for the first time I had to enter the Covid zone, but for risk prevention protocol they have told me that I did not enter.We are all vaccinated and we have been without covid and now we have two ...
I don't know why, but now I am afraid than in all this last year.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/08/2021 6:11 p.m.

@erpla Méjorate soon.

@Anaisabel is normal that now you have it "closer", be more afraid.Cheer up.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/08/2021 8:13 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

Thank you, @anif, for the spirits.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/08/2021 9:48 p.m.

Good night.I am Lis of Argentina.25 years of diabetes type 1. Within two days they make me swab to know if I have covid, since my hno gave positive.Today the doctor told me to find me well.My blood glucose has not been modified, but I am very afraid for what can happen.I beg everything to happen soon.

Lisliss's profile photo
Lisliss
02/09/2021 1:30 a.m.

Hello!I am Eva and I am new here, I just saw this post and how I have spent the Covid in October I have encouraged to tell you.I am type 1 for 26 years, a few months ago I started working in a notary (which is supposed to be an essential service, and my bosses do not do much capacity control ...) and we believe that as a result of starting there I could infect me(Me and my partner too).It was mild, a day of fever, many days of mucus and extreme tiredness, dizziness and a lot of bed.The sugar as he wanted ... ups
To work everything else well, it regulated alone, to sugar.Then the headaches left and luckily nothing at all, like a very strong and very damn flu.

Evazvi's profile photo
Evazvi
02/09/2021 6:33 p.m.

Thank you @evazvi for telling us and that well that it was so little about what they tell.
My neighbor is 3 months old and has passed asymptomatic Covid and his parents have not infected 😳 and that takes chest.

Covid is a mystery.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2021 6:55 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia my boy has tested this morning because I had been with symptoms from last night, I told them that I did not go there until they did the test too and I have given negative.Of course it is a total mystery, now, I am crowded.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/09/2021 7:15 p.m.

I encourage @nigiri, if you have not infected yourself, you may not do it.
I know many cases of one and the rest of the cohabiting nothing.
I have no idea but it is as if there were several strains and different mutations because there are people who spread with the looks and others at all.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2021 7:18 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much @ruthbia.What surprised me is that of the three people we live together, it was my boy who has taken it.He never gets bad although it is true that he is the onlyI.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/09/2021 7:27 p.m.

@nigiri to see if you are lucky but get something like that happened to me, my boy started with symptoms made a test in 4 days, he tested positive the next day to me, I said negative and after 3 days I began to have symptoms, they repeat the test 3 days later and now, I am positive ... I do not know if the tests if you do not have symptoms are a chestnut the truth ...

erpla's profile photo
erpla
02/10/2021 6:53 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@erpla Do you have any symptoms apart from glycemia rise?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/10/2021 10 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

erpla said:
@nigiri to see if you are lucky but observe because something like that happened to me, my boy started with symptoms made a test after 4 days, positively gave positive the next day toMy, I said negative and at 3 days I began to have symptoms, they repeat the test 3 days later and now, I am positive ... I do not know if the tests if you do not have symptoms are a chestnut the truth ...

No, what happens is you can positivize later, so in narrow contacts you have to do 10 days of isolation, regardless of the PCR, in case you later positive.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/10/2021 7:22 p.m.

erpla said:
@nigiri to see if you are lucky but observe because something like that happened to me, my boy started with symptoms made a test after 4 days, positively gave positive the next day toMy, I said negative and at 3 days I began to have symptoms, they repeat the test 3 days later and now, I am positive ... I do not know if the tests if you do not have symptoms are a chestnut the truth ...

There are two types of test, the PCR for narrow contacts without symptoms, and the antigen test that is if you have symptoms to rule out if it is covid or anything else (we discard COVID and it will be something else), if you do an antigen test to aPerson without symptoms is useless, it is very sensitive if there are symptoms.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/10/2021 7:24 p.m.

@erpla, yes, they have told me not to trust me that in two or three days I can present symptoms.I am acting anyway as if I had it.Total isolation for 10 days and when I leave the room I almost with Escafandra.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/10/2021 11:32 p.m.

Indeed, @meginer, they made me the same as him with which, namely.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/10/2021 11:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.