{'en': 'Thick needle in freestyle sensor2 Is it normal?', 'es': 'Aguja gruesa en sensor Freestyle2 ¿Es normal?'} Image

Thick needle in freestyle sensor2 Is it normal?

Itzitery's profile photo   03/18/2020 6:54 p.m.

Hello compis,
A question was to change the sensor and when putting the sensor I found this needle,
To say that it is the Freestyle 2 sensor.
Thanks in advance

Itzitery's profile photo
Itzitery
03/18/2020 6:54 p.m.

Debutante de Diabetes en 2016 tt.Actual
Abasaglar
NovoRapid
1º Tx de Riñon 2009 :)
2º Tx de Riñon 2013 :)

I start in two days with the Freestyle 2 sensors, to see if someone who takes it can tell us because of course that is much thicker than the filament that the freestyle 1: neutral: neutral:

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/18/2020 6:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Itzitery, I don't know Freestyle 2, but I would say it is not normal.The measuring system continues that I know they carry the retractable needle.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
03/18/2020 7 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@itzitey, I don't know the freestyle 2, but I would say it is not normal.The measuring system continues that I know they carry the retractable needle.

The other one that I wear is a flexible needle when I see it or my I have placed it since it seems to me a pot of needle (I am very shit with the needle): '(I will call ah abott to see what they tell me.

Itzitery's profile photo
Itzitery
03/18/2020 7:02 p.m.

Abasaglar
NovoRapid

@Itzitery If you think it's good, I have changed the title of the subject to make it clearer of what is going and so someone who uses freestyle 2 and see it takes us out of doubt.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
03/18/2020 7:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

nigiri said:
@itzitery If you think it's good, I have changed the title of the subject to make it clearer of what is going and so someone who uses freestyle 2 and see it take us out of doubt.All the best.

That seems perfect to me ;)

Itzitery's profile photo
Itzitery
03/18/2020 7:04 p.m.

Abasaglar
NovoRapid

Maybe that needle is like that of Dexcom.The sensor filament is inside and is only to drill and then retract.

But it is true that it is a good size!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/18/2020 7:18 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Good,

In the end I have decided to put it out the needle enters the sensor and it does not come out when I put it, I will tell you how I have to connect tomorrow.

I think they have put the needle so that it does not take off and it is better stuck eh.

Thanks in advance

Itzitery's profile photo
Itzitery
03/18/2020 7:38 p.m.

Abasaglar
NovoRapid

I carry the free2 and it does not hurt eh!It goes well, the filament is inside .. like all measurement or catheter systems

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/19/2020 12:04 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

In the free freestyle 1 they have the same needle, it is hollow and inside it goes the flexible filament, the water is retractable, once the filament comes out and stays in the applicator, is it the same right?It would not make sense that this needle stays inside, it seems completely crazy.Maybe if you used 1, as the applicator left the needle below you had not seen it (you have to look a lot) but let's say that it is still retractable.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
03/19/2020 12:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is the same needle as free 1;It is retractable and leaves when removed the applicator.
If we carry is a needle inside, it would hurt because it is rigid.The filament is fine, almost a thread, and moves with the muscles, so it does not hurt.

What has changed is the electronics that carries the green resin card seen in the sensor.In the SW they have programmed alerts and the HW have designed it to detect other signal points that feed SW.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
03/19/2020 11:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.