Material for diabetes and coronavirus.How to act?

Diabetin's profile photo   03/25/2020 2:25 p.m.

Good to all,
It is my first message but I have been read you for a long time.I am diabetic T1 for 3 years.

I write because with the happy virus I have a doubt.I need material (strips, needles, lancetas).They tell me that if I don't have anyone to go to the health center as always.

Are you not supposed to be risky?There is no possibility of sending it to you?How do you do?

To go that is in Madrid.

Greetings!

Diabetin's profile photo
Diabetin
03/25/2020 2:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my ambulatory the material can be searched at the usual schedules to my m have given the instruction of Q between a certain door.What is not there is consultations, well if there is but by phone, I am on low and m serve very well.Today he had an appointment with the endocrine M they called to cancel the appointment a week ago, but the doctor has called and M has commented on the results of the tests that had already performed.
If you go to the ambulatory A by material you will not see accumulation of people, so with the care that we have all, diabetics or not, you can do it.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/25/2020 5:21 p.m.

Hello!I wondered the same yesterday.Luckily I have someone who went for things but I tell you how it has gone.

1. Better go with gloves and mask because there will be people who go because they have coronavirus, keep the distances and try to touch absolutely anything.

2. In my health center they have put a table at the entrance, on the outside.At that table the nurse left me all the material in my name so there was no need or anything.Take the health card and your ID.

3. If they do not do this in your center and have not given you the option, call again and ask if they can leave it to you.The less you enter better.

I have to clarify that I live in a city to which the Coronavirus has hit very strongly and perhaps the measures in my city are much stronger than in other places.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
03/26/2020 12:06 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

To say that they have just said on Telemadrid that they are reaching an agreement with pharmacists so that in some "2 days" everything can be collected in pharmacies, including medication and material.

Diabetin's profile photo
Diabetin
03/26/2020 1:33 p.m.

@"Bubble girl" In my province there are not many cases, but my ambulatory looks like a bunker there is a lot of control and they do not miss almost anyone.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/26/2020 5:47 p.m.

@Anaisabel I'm glad to hear that!All caution is little and not only because we are diabetic, but for everyone.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
03/26/2020 9:45 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

Yesterday I was in my health center (Madrid).I called in the morning with the great luck that they took the call, I told what happened to me briefly and a doctor called me in the afternoon.He told me to be that same day.At the center of the center there was a stretcher that was counter.I told me that I had quoted such a doctor and they told me what consults to go.I was alone.There were two doctors in the consultations with the doors open.They attended by phone, just like the doctor who called me.When he finished seeing me, I asked him if he was there, they could give me the diabetic material.He told me to go to the infirmary.The nurse asked me if two boxes of needles and six of strips were going well.I told him great.When he returned, he gave me three of needles and eight of strips and added: "We carry masks and gloves not to spread, so try not to return to the center."It couldn't be clearer.

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
03/27/2020 1:23 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.