Modification of basal insulin injection time

Mccaballero's profile photo   04/02/2020 1:01 a.m.

Good night,

I open this topic to know if it has happened to you, or the same thing happens to us ..
I have a 6-year-old son (debut with 2) who is DM1 and until 2-3 weeks we injected the basal insulin (Lantus) in the morning when he woke up.Putting it in the morning (9ud.) He had some insulin ratio of for example (20 gr. HC for 1 UD, quick insulin at eating) and when making the change at night, apart from which we have had himthat decreasing the amount of basal insulin that we put and increase the rapid insulin doses, the ratio at the same time of the food is 14.5 gr.HC for 1 ud of insulin.
I tell you in case someone has had a similar experience ...
We use the Dexcom G6 and I look at him a lot in the rank that he has, and the truth, modifying the time of insertion of insulin I observe some improvement in this aspect but I am surprised by the difference in action of the insulins depending on the time of insertion.

I await your answers !!
All the best

Mccaballero's profile photo
Mccaballero
04/02/2020 1:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What you say happens to anyone who uses bolus-base therapy (with MDI or with ISCI).
As you know, Lantus insulin lasts 22 hours (or even 20 hours with small doses) and according to the time of the day insulin lantus, we must compensate with fast insulin.So, it depends on the moment of the day.
Slow toujeo or threeiba insulin does not depend so much on the time of the day.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/02/2020 7:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.