Post food ideal values

lolasowweyms's profile photo   04/04/2020 6:07 p.m.

Hello good, I understand (correcting myself if not) that the ideal values ​​of sugar in fasting blood are 70-110 and at 2 hours of having eaten it has to be, lower than 180 (although my last nurse told me to trythat was less than 150).My question is that for example the weeks I love to sleep a nap and I do not do the post -food analysis just at 2 hours, today for example they had spent 2 hours and 30 minutes and had 146. Having spent 30 minutes of moreI do not know if it is considered that I am fasting so I would have to make a rapid insulin correction or still in the post -food phase so the value would be within the recommendation.

lolasowweyms's profile photo
lolasowweyms
04/04/2020 6:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Lolawweyms, I think that glycemia seems perfect.And the 2 hrs is not so categorical, he thinks it is an approach to the end of digestion.But digestion times depends on what you have eaten.A piece of meat with boiled potatoes is not the same as a paella.
The food that has fat slows down to 3 hrs.
Look for information on food glycemic index and these vary according to which ingredients adds and cooking form.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/04/2020 9:26 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@LoLoSawweyms

Even though I wear a sensor and I can look easily whenever I want, I try to not obsess looking at it at 2 and a half hours, more or less, after eating.I also know that it can be misleading.
You don't get obsessed!
As they tell you if you eat more fat digestion will be slower, and then it may be better to look at 3 hours.We each make very different digestions and there is no fixed rule.The important thing is that you do not forget to look at how you are at 2 or 3 hours, but do not wear an alarm!Get used to and incorporate it to your daily routine.

By the way with 146 after having eaten at 2 and a half I would not put a correction.It is better that you move a little and you can go down a little more if you want.But a correction can cause hypoglycemia.Keep in mind that blood measurement is also approximate.You may really be in 130 (that error in the measurement could happen) and then a correction would lead you to dangerous areas!

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/05/2020 3:02 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.