{'en': 'Guilt and diabetes', 'es': 'Culpabilidad y diabetes'} Image

Guilt and diabetes

Macarena93's profile photo   12/11/2019 2:24 a.m.

I would like to get a topic to check if someone else happens.

Sometimes, when I have a week of vacation, or of stress at work or other issues and I do not dedicate so much attention to my diabetes and I have the messy routine, I do not calculate well the hydrates that how and I am with glycemics peaks and mismatchesThe reason that is always "blames" and sometimes my family and my doctors too, because I could be doing well and I do not do it because "I don't want to" be carefree on vacation or worried about other things or disguise.

In those moments I feel fatal, I feel that I am not treating myself and my body and my health well and I really feel guilty with everything, as if I were sabotaging for wanting to enjoy a weekend with friends or for being too muchpending work or other things.

But on the other hand I think that people without this disease, or healthy, never have to worry about the rations they eat, the exercise they do, the strict routine that follows, stress ...

And that they obviously without worrying about any are healthy and, initially, without possible complications for not taking care of medicars and everything that diabetes supposes 24 hours a day.

In short, it gives me so much anger to have to feel so guilty and bad sometimes because they can control is a disease but at the same time I feel that it is so necessary to control it because there is no choice ...

It's quite frustrated!

Thank you!

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/11/2019 2:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We have to be responsible for what we have that is diabetes, and of course you have to have it controlled as best as possible, but one thing is to live with diabetes and another living for diabetes, I do not advise you.
It cannot be carried out 100% and Avecez can make exceptions and even forget about it for a day, example, but we cannot go through that it would be harmful to health, and make analytical control to know glycosylated hemoglobin that must be between6 or 7, that guides you if you do it right or bad
It is my clear opinion

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/11/2019 10:05 a.m.

"Macarena93"
Hi Macarena,
Yes, I have felt like this too many times.In my case it is one of the emotional loads that accompany diabetes, such as frustration and stress.And how everything must be learned to deal with it.
In my very long 52 years of evolution of the disease I went to feel guilty even for breathing not to feel, today, any guilt.I see how the fear of others or their lack of knowledge to accompany this disease is downloaded in the form of diabetic attacks, which ends up feeling guilty.I suppose that many will have had the experience of endocrine's Broncas, since finding an endocrine that teaching without mentally fucking is very important.I was lucky.I firmly believe that we all do things the best we can in every circumstance and we do not always have the discipline, will or motivation to live in "perfection", apart from the fluctuations of the disease itself and our own emotional fluctuations that influence so muchfor good control and to maintain the necessary discipline for that control.
It is superimporter to take care of physical, rest, dance, move, exercise, play etc, and above all mentally.Learning to live with our fears and continue in spite of them. Take well implies not to fustigate when someone thinks we do it wrong, or when we think about it, but start every day doing what suits us most but according to our own understanding.
The feeling of guilt is very maladaptive, but as it is so common, it seems that this should be so.Well, I think we should not add more load to which we already have that it is not turkey mucus.So if the therapeutic help is necessary for it, and I speak for me, that in my adolescence I lived many moments of that guise.Thank God that with the help of people who were decisive in my life, I learned to live in another way, clear diabetic, but with intensity.
A very strong hug

uma's profile photo
uma
12/11/2019 10:12 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

The best definition I have ever heard of guilt: "The feeling that you do whatever you do the shit"

uma's profile photo
uma
12/11/2019 10:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

I take very little time and more than the sensation of guilt, because I try to take care of myself regularly, I have the feeling of q "if I relax or carelessness."That sometimes causes me a little stress, and anxiety because I always want to be inside the range.But I try to control that necsity of being perfect at all times.

The other day I went to dinner with some friends to an African restaurant.And I already knew that I had to be careful with pancakes and sauces.After a couple of wines, I relax, and then I spent the night of corrections.

But the important thing is that I have managed to make exactly the same life to before (although with more effort, that yes!).

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/11/2019 11:17 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

antonimar said:
we have to be responsible for what we have that is diabetes, and of course you have to have it controlled as well as possible, but one thing is to live with diabetes and another living for diabetes,I do not advise you.
It cannot be carried out 100% and Avecez can make exceptions and even forget about it for a day, example, but we cannot go through that it would be harmful to health, and make analytical control to know glycosylated hemoglobin that must be between6 or 7, that guides you if you do it right or bad
It is my clear opinion

You always have to live with diabetes, and not for diabetes, that is something that we are taught since we debut, but then many times endocrine or other doctors are the first to throw your anger if you do it wrong, at least in my experience.
If it is true that it seems that having glycosylated hemoglobin below 7 is that "you go well" but it has been demonstrated with continuous glucose meters that this is not really a decisive factor when it comes to having or not complications that the factor reallyIt is more important to be within rank (70-180) as long as possible, that this is the only thing that really means that you take care of yourself, and at least to be within range 70% of the time (it is the minimum agreed bymedical associations) I find it a very difficult task, almost sometimes impossible

Macarena93
12/11/2019 1:11 p.m.

uma said:
"macarena93"
Hi Macarena,
Yes, I have felt like this too many times.In my case it is one of the emotional loads that accompany diabetes, such as frustration and stress.And how everything must be learned to deal with it.
In my very long 52 years of evolution of the disease I went to feel guilty even for breathing not to feel, today, any guilt.I see how the fear of others or their lack of knowledge to accompany this disease is downloaded in the form of diabetic attacks, which ends up feeling guilty.I suppose that many will have had the experience of endocrine's Broncas, since finding an endocrine that teaching without mentally fucking is very important.I was lucky.I firmly believe that we all do things the best we can in every circumstance and we do not always have the discipline, will or motivation to live in "perfection", apart from the fluctuations of the disease itself and our own emotional fluctuations that influence so muchfor good control and to maintain the necessary discipline for that control.
It is superimporter to take care of physical, rest, dance, move, exercise, play etc, and above all mentally.Learning to live with our fears and continue in spite of them. Take well implies not to fustigate when someone thinks we do it wrong, or when we think about it, but start every day doing what suits us most but according to our own understanding.
The feeling of guilt is very maladaptive, but as it is so common, it seems that this should be so.Well, I think we should not add more load to which we already have that it is not turkey mucus.So if the therapeutic help is necessary for it, and I speak for me, that in my adolescence I lived many moments of that guise.Thank God that with the help of people who were decisive in my life, I learned to live in another way, clear diabetic, but with intensity.
A very strong hug

I have also come to feel more exhausted and frustrated by this disease of what I am now and luckily with help and with my own help this is no longer like that, but I still have those feelings behind, especially the months that I do not do it perfectAnd when the visit to the endocrine is approaching and you know that it blames you.

I also believe, unless in my opinion, that continuous meters, social networks (diabetic "influencers" hanging their results day by day in social networks etc) make you frustrate you even more, since you see (even in this forumSometimes) as there are people carrying such good control, with glycemia that always tend to those of a non -diabetic, with a long time in rank, etc. and some seem to do not disheve them to get it, which make you feel worse.

Macarena93
12/11/2019 1:15 p.m.

jldiazdel said:
I take very little time and more than the sensation of guilt, because I try to take care of myself regularly, I have the feeling of q "If I relax or carelessness the shit".That sometimes causes me a little stress, and anxiety because I always want to be inside the range.But I try to control that necsity of being perfect at all times.

The other day I went to dinner with some friends to an African restaurant.And I already knew that I had to be careful with pancakes and sauces.After a couple of wines, I relax, and then I spent the night of corrections.

But the important thing is that I have managed to make exactly the same life to before (although with more effort, that yes!).

GREETING

I don't know if I make the same life I made before the debut because they diagnosed me so small that I don't remember what it is to live without diabetes, haha
But yes, I try to live without obsessing, that is what makes me get out of control and then makes me feel guilty, so I don't know what is worse if the stress of being always controlled or guilt and frustration of not doing so.

Macarena93
12/11/2019 1:17 p.m.

I share your opinions;I get frustrated when I do everything possible and I don't get the expected result.But my conscience is calm because I do what I can.

You have to live with diabetes and not for diabetes.

I do many more things than before being diabetic.If they had told me before, I wouldn't believe it.

@jldiazdel I have not tried African restaurants, but Mexicans, Peruvians, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, ... I am fatal to diabetes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 1:36 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Well, the same must be considered to change endocrine.After sending some to the m .... not figuratively, but really, I found one in a SS hospital that tells me that a monument would have to be done and with it I remain clear.So that I do not need anyone.We should not consent to guilty and less that they throw us a anger, the endocrine is to help not to fuck.
As for the good controls, we are going to be disheveled and a lot.I do not think it is easy for anyone, but as you get to get to get better and less complicated.You are also learning to release both obsessive control, and lack of control and everything is more measured.At least in my experience.
BSS

uma's profile photo
uma
12/11/2019 9:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

macarena93 said:
uma said:
"macarena93"
Hi Macarena,
A very strong hug

I have also come to feel more exhausted and frustrated by this disease of what I am now and luckily with help and with my own help this is no longer like that, but I still have those feelings behind, especially the months that I do not do it perfectAnd when the visit to the endocrine is approaching and you know that it blames you.

I also believe, unless in my opinion, that continuous meters, social networks (diabetic "influencers" hanging their results day by day in social networks etc) make you frustrate you even more, since you see (even in this forumSometimes) as there are people carrying such good control, with glycemia that always tend to those of a non -diabetic, with a long time in rank, etc. and some seem to do not disheve them to get it, which make you feel worse.

Well, the same must be considered to change endocrine.After sending some to the m .... not figuratively, but really, I found one in a SS hospital that tells me that a monument would have to be done and with it I remain clear.So that I do not need anyone.We should not consent to guilty and less that they throw us a anger, the endocrine is to help not to fuck.
As for the good controls, we are going to be disheveled and a lot.I do not think it is easy for anyone, but as you get to get to get better and less complicated.You are also learning to release both obsessive control, and lack of control and everything is more measured.At least in my experience.
BSS

uma's profile photo
uma
12/11/2019 9:39 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-

In my almost two years of diabetics, what I have felt is tired of having to be aware of my illness 24 hours a day.I have even asked my friends not to ask me more how I carry it.I thank you for interest and concern, but if you really answer what I feel sometimes, that could become one of those Sunday movies to start crying and not stop.
I really liked what Don Sacarino says in Link

If on some occasion I do not calculate the hydrates, the fat, the stress, if it is in the morning or in the afternoon, if I have any peak worthy of a K8, I remember all the dead of my dear friend and, as soon as I can, I repeat that same situation and food again.If "she" is an harpy, I know how to learn.That "I" disheveled ", I set fixing.Of course, the concern does not take away from me, although it is incredible to what extent the internalization and become something more of your routine.

Interestingly, when better calculation is when it was.I think it is due to the times.Everything is slower between dishes and I don't drink like a turkey.And sweet I think like.What has changed is when I take them.I want a lot at night, Peeeeero already know that if they are so good it is not only for sugar, but also for the fats and it does not compensate me to wake up at two hours of being sleeping to prick.

Let's end with a good roll: What do you tell me about those days when everything goes so well, diabetically speaking, what do you think "oh, today I have healed"?I know that it is not so, but what can change your mood.

A for Christmas and its Comilonas!

Palomilla's profile photo
Palomilla
12/12/2019 12:08 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2018.
Toujeo y Fiasp.
Primero, Dexcom G4, luego, FreeStyle 2 (SS), ahora, Dexcom One (SS).

uma said:
"macarena93"
Hi Macarena,
A very strong hug

Thanks Linda

Maria José Solano Maria's profile photo
Maria José Solano Maria
12/22/2019 2:15 p.m.

Feeling guilty is also not mentally taking care of yourself ... it is something to work for the feeling of guilt, because it is useless.We must find the balance in which we like to take care of ourselves without going to the obsession, congratulate ourselves for everything we do, not compare with anyone because each person is a world, and allow us to have time to feel fed up, sad, tired ....It is normal, but without crushing, much less than someone from outside, whether doctor or not, the one who maches you or makes you feel guilty, that is a professional that is not going to help you, it is better to change it ...
Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/22/2019 3:25 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.