Insulatard flexpen

Malenuka's profile photo   04/07/2020 4:52 p.m.

Hello, I am pregnant and I have diagnosed gestational diabetes.After a month trying to control my values, in a week I have changed all the basal.Basal for a pregnant woman must be below 90 although up to 95 according to whom you check you can be worth.
The fact is that at the moment they will correct me with insulating the morning basal that I have over 100. I have been scheduled 6u just when I go to dinner.I have no idea of ​​insulin, can you tell me how it will act is insulin?Bos and cons? Are I afraid of hypos, can you give me at night?Senior dinner at 21:30 and breakfast between 7:30-8h.Is Insulin also lowered the glycemia after dinner?I usually have between 90-110.I have to measure it at the time.After breakfast also affects?
Thank you so much

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/07/2020 4:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The mechanism of action of that insulin is:
It is a human insulin with a gradual beginning of action and long duration.The action begins at the hour and a half, the maximum effect is presented between 4 and 12 hours following the administration, with an approximate duration of action of about 24 hours.

Here are the prospect:
Link

You have to know that as pregnancy progresses, you will need to increase the amount of insulin.

Finally, there is this discussion in the forum, where you can find much more information and share experiences:
Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/07/2020 5:54 p.m.

Hello, I put insulating 6u with dinner, I'm going to have dinner between 90-110 but when I wake up there are days 75-80 and another 95-100 because ??I know that for a diabetic the same is not much the difference or it is important but during pregnancy the limit of 90 is the limit between good and evil and are super strict, any explanation?

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/12/2020 1:31 p.m.

The explanation could be some type of dinner food, a small difference in exercise of the previous day or some hormone that does not know its function.
In any case, I advise you to use a very precise glucometer (such as Bayer's contour Next).Ask your health team (it's free).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/12/2020 5:48 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.