Hyperglycemia mornings

alb13's profile photo   12/11/2019 9:02 a.m.

Hello!I wanted to ask if it also happens to me.
In the morning it makes me the breakfast peak long before the effect of insulin, as if insulin took me more to act as normal :(
I do not know if it is very common, but it is a subject that lately despairs ...

alb13's profile photo
alb13
12/11/2019 9:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@alb13

Hello, I can think of some options:

1) Have you tried to put insulin 15 m before?
2) Incorporates some proteins / fats to breakfast, so that the ch q do you take somewhat slower
3) If the peak is not very high and then return to the hour and a half towards normal values, within your range, maybe you don't have to give it so much importance.
4) Maybe you have to adjust the basal a bit (but if you get up in the morning more or less as you lie down, this option may not be)

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/11/2019 11:03 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

That is called the morning insulin resistance (after sleeping) and happens to all people with diabetes (type 1, type 2 or anyone) and several years of evolution.
Do what you recommend @jldiazdel.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/11/2019 12:37 p.m.

The basal does not think it is, since some downturn gives me some night (very occasionally).I will try the proteins to see how such :)
What do you usually take for breakfast?

Thanks for the tips!

alb13's profile photo
alb13
12/11/2019 12:57 p.m.

Proof, especially, point 1).
You can eat whatever you want (but healthy food) telling their rations (and/or their UGP).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
12/11/2019 1:57 p.m.

@alb13 peak will always make you as @Mamarvazq tells you;To avoid the peaks I punctuate the insulin 1 hour before and still makes me peak, unless I get up from 10:00, on weekends, then with 15min it goes left over.

To avoid peaks, what has best me is to have breakfast a French tortilla, with 2 pieces of cheese, a small tomato and a light soy drink glass (1.8 g HC per 100ml) with coffee.2 ud of insulin and I keep flat.But I get tired of everything over time, so I return to the HC of whole wheat bread and my spikes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 2:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@alb13 Yes what happens, the mornings there is more insulin resistance for different reasons, adrenaline etc, etc.
My endocrine always reminds me that I click 15-20 MTS before breakfast and I recognize that it works many times, say it is easy but when the alarm sounds at 7.00 in the morning having to advance it at 06: 40h to prick it hurts me in theAlma, food or dinner without problem but at that time in the morning, uff I cannot with it, without taking into account the days when you click and have past 5 mts and do not do any type of peak ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/11/2019 3:52 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@alb13 If what happens, the mornings there is more insulin resistance for different reasons, adrenaline etc, etc.
My endocrine always reminds me that I click 15-20 MTS before breakfast and I recognize that it works many times, say it is easy but when the alarm sounds at 7.00 in the morning having to advance it at 06: 40h to prick it hurts me in theAlma, food or dinner without problem but at that time in the morning, uff I cannot with it, without taking into account the days when you punish and breakfast past 5 mts and do not do any type of peak ...

What was there when I studied and worked in the morning (now I do it in the afternoon) was to have insulin at the bedside table as soon as I opened them and then I got up dripped or simply wore and prowled etc. and had breakfast minutes before havingLet me go, in case it helps you not to advance the alarm clock.

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
12/11/2019 4:30 p.m.

@Macarena93 That Truqui I have also tried it and it doesn't work for me.Many days, the insulin curve begins to go down 2 hours after breakfast, or not go down as today .... I don't understand my body!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2019 5:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.