{'en': 'You just have to be low before eating?', 'es': 'Solo hay que estar bajo antes de comer?'} Image

You just have to be low before eating?

minucoti's profile photo   12/18/2019 8:25 p.m.

Hello,

There is something that I do not understand, for my endocrine the most important thing is that it is short before meals, well, but what about the rest of the day?

I explain myself: Before eating 14.30 I am 120, I punctuated myself from Humalog, I like a dish of green beans, fish, salad and a slice of bread without dessert or anything.

At 15.30 I am at 204 - 16.30 209 - 17.30 220 and finally at 18.30 150 and going down, I have already justified to the next meal.

And this at each meal!

After the day I am in rank a couple of hours in total, the rest I am high.Isn't it absurd?

The lower I am night, I suppose that thanks to the toujeo.

How overwhelming is Diabetes Caray !!

Greetings,

minucoti's profile photo
minucoti
12/18/2019 8:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If two hours after eating are high, you need more fast units.
Slow insulin works between meals if you are low because you need less.
The ideal is not to be at low levels but at levels to which there is a person without diabetes.That is what we have to try to get.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/18/2019 8:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The tolerable thing is to be at most 180 at two hours from the intake.A diabetic will be at two hours to 120. It is necessary to reach a commitment between the risk of doing hypoglycemia and the objective of approaching the levels of a person without diabetes.Go step by step.First be below 180 and then you will see

Ignasi_p's profile photo
Ignasi_p
12/18/2019 8:40 p.m.

Abasaglar 25U (noche)
Novorapid 4/6/6 (y lo que caiga por enmedio)
Glicosilada (30/4/19): 6.5

My endocrine believes that we must be inside the thresholds that mark us between hours, obviating the 2 -hour peaks after the intake of some food.
With what you say, you lack fast in food despite the few HC and some slow so that you are not so high for hours.
Test with 7ud for the same meal, but be careful not to give you a hypo due to excess insulin and then go up.It happens to me and has recommended the endocrine that puts half of insulin before eating and the other half an hour and a half later.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/19/2019 10:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@minucti
Yes, the truth is that simple is not!
For example, I have left green beans.I took them at night, but they are very slow action carbohydrates, in my case, which is really very good during the day, but at night they began to enter at two hours when there was little effect of the fast.I have changed them for spinach and Brokoli who don't give me problems!
The important thing is to be within the range as long as possible (not exclusively before eating) and of course avoid hypos.
Sign up what type of meals give you problems.To complicate the thing a little more not all carbohydrates are equal and excess proteins or fats can enter you after 3-4 hours.The truth is not easy
For example, I will eat today with friends in a Vietnamese, and I'm sure I put the leg.
All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/19/2019 10:23 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.