Type 1 diabetes?

Malenuka's profile photo   04/12/2020 10:40 a.m.

Good morning, maybe it is an absurd question, but I am pregnant and has given me gestational diabetes, my midwife is determined that I must have type 1 diabetes, because I am a thin person with the morning basal ones in 100 andThe glucose curve has given me positive before normal.
My mother is type 2 diabetic following the 4 pregnancies, my uncle and my grandfather too, all treated only with pills.What do you think are more understood?

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/12/2020 10:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The basal in 100 does not determine any diabetes ...
If you are pregnant, you have gestational diabetes, if then you have a diabetes, it will be another topic that will be seen ...
Type 1 usually have very high values ​​when debuting.
What values ​​did you have in the curve?

anif's profile photo
anif
04/12/2020 11:16 a.m.

DM2 (2019)

Well, I had 101 the basal, 220, 158, 125 and glycosilsda hemoglobin 5,6

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/12/2020 12:46 p.m.

Gestational diabetes is that, gestational diabetes, during pregnancy, then it is removed, it is neither 1 nor 2, another thing is that then there is more risk of developing a diabetes over time, which is usually a type 2. With the figuresWhat you give, the only highest is the time after giving glucose, which is in more than 200 and is up to 140 maximum.But the gyzed is not very high.I imagine they will give you a diet.I do not know how much you are, it is often said that if gestational diabetes have been diagnosed soon, during the first quarter, you could be diabetic before, because normally, when sugar goes up, it is rather reaching the third quarter., If you areIn a short time, the midwife may have told you so that you may force it before, but that will have to be seen later.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 1 p.m.

The 100g glucose curve at the time let's go maximum is 190. I think I am prediabetics, because without pregnancy my basal values ​​are always about 95_100.But I don't know if you can know that tendency to type 1 diabetes

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/12/2020 1:19 p.m.

@Malenuka pay attention to @meginer who is the doctor, but I give you my personal example:
Curve without pregnancy: 103, 216, 263, 208 HBA1C 5.3
They have made two curves to confirm the diagnosis and both similar ... Keep in mind that I am not pregnant ...
Centle now in the diet they have put you, if you have to click insulin later, because we do it, but do not give him many laps ...
When you give light, they will follow up I imagine, then it will be seen.
I do not want to take iron from the matter, because I imagine you will be scared, but you have to go day by day and it does not work for us for things that we cannot control.
What you can control and extreme is your own care and the baby on the way.
It is usual to think that type 2 diabetes only gives older people and obese.That is a mistake, which is usual does not mean that it is a norm: I am Normopeso, I am 35 years old and here I am with type 2 diabetes.

anif's profile photo
anif
04/12/2020 1:35 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

That is, type 2 diabetes are also in young people, just like type 1 somewhat older than it would be logical supposedly.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 1:50 p.m.

If I follow a diet, but I see too many hydrates, Breakfast Pan and Fruit, in mid -morning bread and double fruit, food and dinner bread, pasta or legumes, meat and fruit vegetables, milk snack, bread and fruit ... I don't understandBecause so much hydrate if what I have is excess blood sugar ... hypoglycemia I don't think they give me my values

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/12/2020 2:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.