{'en': 'Insulin pump cateter obstruction', 'es': 'Obstrucción cateter bomba de insulina'} Image

Insulin pump cateter obstruction

Dalonso99's profile photo   04/19/2020 3:46 a.m.

Good to all,

I just registered here.It's great, I sensed that there could be some of this but it had never occurred to me to look and I see that it is very functional.

I tell you my problem, hopefully someone can help me.I have been with insulin bomb for 8 years and until 1-2 years ago they began to happen to me these problems had not had any other.I am very happy with the insulin bomb (as long as this inconvenience does not happen to me).I clarify this in case someone is doubting whether or not to put the pump, I totally recommend it.

The fact is that the catheter inserted some time ago and more and more often the pump or does not give me the typical problem of non -infusion or directly does not warn me and does not work for me.This means that every time I have to change the catheter I suffer continuous episodes of hyperglycemia and have to change it again and again until I get it works.

When I don't work I remove the catheter and I get a lot of blood from the wound that leaves the needle, here is the problem.When my blood comes out, this blood coagulates and obstructs the catheter not letting the insulin pass.It is desperate because many times the pump does not warn me and when changing it I have a glycemia of + 300.
I have tried 6mm, 9mm catheter and now I am with the oblique that seems to work better but also happens to me and more often.

I do not want this to have happened to you or to happen to any, but if someone could help me I would be happy to listen to it.

ALL THE BEST!!!

Dalonso99's profile photo
Dalonso99
04/19/2020 3:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you tried other areas of your body (leg, abdomen, gluteus, low and low back of the back)?
Try to use non -rapid infusion rates of the bolus;You also have to ensure that the upper part of the reservoir with insulin is not wet when you fill it (if you do not use auto -filled reservoirs [roche pumps]);Finally, look for points of insertion of the cannula that do not "crush" much while you sleep.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/19/2020 11:18 a.m.

@Mamarvazq, could you expand myself not to wet the reservoir, Pliss?

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/19/2020 11:44 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Medtronic recommends many times not to wet the external upper part of the reservoir to avoid infusion problems.
Here you can find a small explanation:
Link insulina-minimed-serie-600-se-release/

Keep in mind that this is a "little" as a world unknown to everyone.

In this video, it is also recommended:
Link
Position 10:54 onwards.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/19/2020 12:55 p.m.

@Mamarvazq, seen.
Thank you so much.<3

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/20/2020 11:53 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

It usually happens to me when an air bubble catches.Try to check the tube daily and if there is any bubble, remove the pump and fill the tube to remove the bubble

RAFAZA's profile photo
RAFAZA
04/21/2020 7:53 a.m.

Hi Dalonso99, the same thing happens to me.Continuously change the infusion zone and in all it is the same.Sometimes the card of insertion of the cannula is very painful and from experience, I will have to change because when the cannula is removed, blood comes out (and a hard brush stays in the skin that goes after the days) and does notThe insulin passes (the pump does not give infusion failure).
I have changed the old prick or even manually, and so it seems that something better works, but it happens to me, that every time I change the cannula is a small anguish, because I do not know what is what will happen.
I told my nurse and told me that it was something very strange, that I had never heard it.Seeing your post, it has reassured me that it is not the only one that happens, and thus continue looking for an explanation to see if you can find a solution.

angelchez's profile photo
angelchez
12/14/2020 1:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.