{'en': 'Experience one month type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Experiencia un mes diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Experience one month type 1 diabetes

eloypdavila's profile photo   01/12/2020 12:32 p.m.

Hello,

I present myself as a new member of the forum.I was diagnosed with the famous diabetic "debut" on November 28, with 25 years.

It turns out that I was already several weeks with the famous Trinity (drinking a lot, pissing a lot, eating a lot and adding a fourth: I thinned +10 kg).

After seeing that eating I did not fix the problem of losing weight, that pissing was routine every hour and a half, and that I drank amounts of liquids, I decided to go to a pharmacy to be measured by glucose.348 measured, direct to emergency and admitted a couple of days.

Since minute 1 the change of chip has been total.I had no trouble adapting and at work they knew how to get it well (everyone always has some acquaintance, although they are almost always type 2 and are treatments that do not resemble anything).

I have lifted with all the nose at meetings to go to the bathroom to make my measurements (I and my health go first).The only annoying can be ignorance, on a normal part, that you have about this disease, since I got tired of listening that I cannot take sugar.

Already in this brief period of time I have been able to have dinner out normally, drink some beers and my last advance was this weekend that I took a couple of cups (always with sugar, meter and insulin in my pocket, and measuringhow much as for).

I am very aware of the disease, I always get up at 8 to inject the slow insulin and breakfast, weight all the food to calculate guay hydrates, I ask in restaurants that weigh everything with my whole face (most are thought to be on the subject ofDiets), so I have a clear thing: I will not let me mentally prevents me from doing what I want.

Greetings for everyone in the forum, and to take it with optimism.They will come high and low peaks, but to take care of the guard.

eloypdavila's profile photo
eloypdavila
01/12/2020 12:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@eloypdavila

Welcome !

It seems that you have started very well and you are clear that you are going to control diabetes and not vice versa.Brilliant.

As you are young and you just started remembering the theme of hormones, honeymoon, continuous glucose meters and maybe in your case the issue of insulin pumps may be an option to think.Little by little

Greetings and you will tell us experiences

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/12/2020 1:37 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

The lift at 8 every day will tire you.According to the slow one you use, you can delay it a bit the weekend, without influencing you.You have to try.
Welcome to the forum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/12/2020 6:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@eloypdavila, welcome to the forum.With time as Regina says, that she knows a lot about this, you will grab confidence and you can relax a bit.As for measuring everything, I do not know if it is common practice, I do so, use the plate method, among others, the diabetes to the letter, also that of Roche. And with the lantus, toujeo, threeiba,You can relax the routine, it is not necessary to prick exactly at the same time or make the 6 meals that they recommended and you can move the schedules.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/12/2020 9:19 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Welcome!!And excellent debut!You are clear, you have to live with diabetes not for diabetes.
What basal do you use?With toujeo you have +/- 3 hours to put it, so that on weekends the early riser is needed.You can also tell the endo to change the time at night.

When you take longer, you will have even more morro :) I put insulin at any time, meeting or not, and I measure me when I need it.Moreover, I eat a cookie or whatever in front of the director if I need, or with customers in the presentations.I have it clear, the first me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/14/2020 11:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.