Diabetes and Toc with Zyprexa treatment "Olanzapina"

Joa Martinez Vigil's profile photo   05/18/2018 12:33 p.m.

Hello good morning I put you on a situation, my partner is diabetic a year ago, I enter into emergencies with more than 1000 in glucose therefore came out with insulin.In the last revision he had all the levels well, and his endocrine chose to remove the insulin little by little and I prescribe TruLICity that would put himself once a week, which in theory is to satisfy.
He has a problem many years ago, which has diagnosed Toc, with its treatment.The problem came that gave him a pretty fat crisis, and his psychiatrist recepts Zyprexa (Olanzapina), said there was no compatibility.We have noticed that since this takes his appetite, he has grown up to Fame all day, and his glucose levels have risen to the fasting limits to be in 200. (I am worried the truth), the problem lies in the fact thatRight now that medicine cannot be removed (it seems that what is going well for one thing is going wrong for another).Until Monday we cannot go to your endocrine (and we will go without an appointment, because you do not have the revision until July I think), but in these days how do we act?Are we going to have to have to do or climb the dose of insulin a bit?
Another cosina is that since he has those glucose levels he has a great swelling of his belly and I am worried
Thank you and I feel the paragraph!

Joa Martinez Vigil's profile photo
Joa Martinez Vigil
05/18/2018 12:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You better go to the doctor.He will have to rise insulin and reduce hydrates. What I miss me is that having debuted so high, they have removed the insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2018 4:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I work in the field of mental health, and I can tell you that Olanzapina induces what is called Metabolic Syndrome, which includes weight gain, and that typical way of fattening in the area of ​​the gut among other things.You will have to do sports and diet with that type of medication, to see what the doctor tells you.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/18/2018 4:44 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Many grace for the answers.According to the endocrine, all the revision that had all levels from admission were very good, so I under insulin (not yet at all, but in theory briefly in theory it has to remove it)
Marixtu22 Thank you very much, if we will go on Monday even if we have no appointment, he told us that anything we pass out there, especially after putting the new trulcy insulin.I suppose that with these glucose increases I have to continue with insulin and increase the dose.
But in a certain way I transkiliza a little, because I was a bit scared, by all these changes from one day to another.

Joa Martinez Vigil's profile photo
Joa Martinez Vigil
05/18/2018 7:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Joa Martinez Vigil I have understood Trulicity is not an insulin, it helps the body to create insulin itself, to obtain good glymatical values ​​so it is indicated in type 2 diabetes. And it is not indicated in conjunction with insulins due to the risk of hypoglycemia.Did you do analysis as peptide C, antibodies?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
05/20/2018 11:30 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.