{'en': 'During the night ... How does glucose vary?', 'es': 'Durante la noche... ¿cómo varía la glucosa?'} Image

During the night ... How does glucose vary?

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo   01/20/2020 12:42 p.m.

Hello,

During the night the organism at rest consumes glucose in blood.How much?

I calculate that they are 150 approx.

I put insulin delay once in the morning and I have to go to bed with 250 approx so that a hypoglycemia will not surprise me before breakfast.

Please tell me your experience.

Thank you!!!

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
01/20/2020 12:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Paco Iriarte Vañó

It seems a bit extreme what you do.I don't know if you have type 1 or 2 diabetes, but I think you should rethink the amount of basal (slow insulin) that you put on / and tb the amount of carbohydrates that dinner at night.Talk to your endocrine.
I put the basal at night and I try to bed about 110. I do sports every day and I don't have hypos at night.That if I had to adjust the basal down to 5 or 6 units that I get now.
As each of us are very different, try what is best for you, but it does not seem a very good idea / practice daily to bed so high at night.

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/20/2020 2:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Puff, I think your basal is very high for your needs.How are you between hours for the day?

I put it at night at 22:00, I go to bed with 90-110 and get up at 90-110 at 6-7 hours, I don't sleep much more.Sometimes I get higher because of the cheese fat.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/20/2020 4:46 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It seems to me too basal.There must be another way not to have to climb at 250 mg/dl.

I also put the slow one at dinner, and if my glycemia = 140 mg/dl before bed me came to breakfast.With less than 130 mg/dl I take 1 ration of HC to avoid declines.

magl's profile photo
magl
01/20/2020 5:47 p.m.

If you get so much at night it is because you have the dose of slow
Do you get fast at meals?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/21/2020 7:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

jldiazdel said:
@paco iriarte vañó

It seems a bit extreme what you do.I don't know if you have type 1 or 2 diabetes, but I think you should rethink the amount of basal (slow insulin) that you put on / and tb the amount of carbohydrates that dinner at night.Talk to your endocrine.
I put the basal at night and I try to bed about 110. I do sports every day and I don't have hypos at night.That if I had to adjust the basal down to 5 or 6 units that I get now.
As each of us are very different, try what is best for you, but it does not seem a very good idea / practice daily to bed so high at night.

GREETING

regina said:
If you get so much at night it is because you have too high the dose of slow
Do you get fast at meals?

Hello Regina.The truth is that I am at the time of changing, but for the moment I put 40 from Avasaglar and I do not use instantaneous

Paco Iriarte Vañó
01/22/2020 12:25 a.m.

Perhaps it would be good to change the basal injection time at night and see how you arrive in the morning.
Try to adjust the dose well until you can achieve optimal values.
It cost me enough days until adapting the dose of Tresiba, because with Lantus I wore more units

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
01/22/2020 5:35 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
Maybe it would be good to change at night the basal injection time and see how you arrive in the morning.
Try to adjust the dose well until you can achieve optimal values.
It cost me enough days until adapting the dose of Tresiba, because with Lantus I wore more units

Thanks Vanessa, I'll ask

Paco Iriarte Vañó
01/22/2020 7:42 p.m.

Only basal based is very difficult to control blood glucose and very rigid in carbohydrates in meals and hours.
Tell your doctor to prescribe quick insulin for meals, you will get better control and more autonomy

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/23/2020 8:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Jolin that good that you are all, at night before dinner I will be at 150, I put 40 units and in the morning I get up with 130/150 currently, my insulin is Novomix 30 (at night), greetings

match53's profile photo
match53
01/30/2020 6:01 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

I have been improving since I put the post.With three slow ones (in the morning) with 120 I have managed not to act during the night, going down and getting up with similar figures.BRAVO!For me.Fast Fiasp use at each meal, trying to measure hydrates by rations and avoid peaks.Thank you all for your valuable experiences.A hug <3

Paco Iriarte Vañó
08/16/2020 11:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.