{'en': 'My partner has type 2 diabetes, I have some doubts!', 'es': 'Mi pareja tiene diabetes tipo 2, tengo algunas dudas!'} Image

My partner has type 2 diabetes, I have some doubts!

leny's profile photo   05/18/2018 3:34 p.m.

Hello again.

My partner has type 2 diabetes. Lantus is put once a day.

My question is the following, once normalized can you return to the pills?

When he was diagnosed, he had 358, he was sent to lower it, he was put in 200 and something and from there he did not go down then they sent him basal insulin, he began to lower him and he was put in 174 the lowest but after two days heHe has risen again to 198.

PS: The first one was put 20 units then 22 and today 24.

Thank you!

leny's profile photo
leny
05/18/2018 3:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You will have to put the necessary dose to control.When insulin begins to be used, it is because the pills are not enough. It will continue with insulin, unless it is excessive and can control weight.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2018 4:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My question is as follows: Can a person with type 1 diabetes recover the musculature in the legs and forces once the blood sugar is controlled and if the process is slow?

leny's profile photo
leny
07/02/2018 11:22 a.m.

Both type 1 and type 2 once it has managed to reach normal glucose levels they recover rapidly.And those of type 2 playing sports can even dispense with insulin and keep only with pills, and as Regina says if it is excessive, sometimes simply thinning.In the mountain group that I am there are several type 2 diabetics and none puts insulin, I am the only one to signs, but not because of being type 1.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
07/02/2018 4:19 p.m.

:))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/02/2018 4:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am also type 2 diabetic, and if I am giving weight.From the beginning they prescribed toujeo insulin, started with 50 units 1 month ago.I am currently putting 18 units after my last visit to the endocrinologist, he told me that as he loses weight I can reduce the insulin units until he uses it so so that he put the next appointment for 3 months, so when whenI see it again as it is that you are no longer using insulin.If your husband is overweight, it is very likely that with good food and exercise he can do without insulin.

Fr3Dix's profile photo
Fr3Dix
07/04/2018 1:50 a.m.

Hello
My dad also has type II diabetes and the pills did not serve him, the doctor sent him the Lantus insulin, he assimilates it well, we have not had a problem with that, the most important thing is to learn to handle an adequate diet, accept conscientious thatIt has diabetes and my dad did not assimilate it at the beginning and the process was harder, performing that if it is important, being next to the people who provide love since they depress very easily, I agree with what he speaksFR3DIX As the dosage is reducing weight, it will also fall.
Link

carol25's profile photo
carol25
09/15/2018 12:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.