{'en': 'Painful neuropathy Tips?', 'es': 'Neuropatía dolorosa ¿Consejos?'} Image

Painful neuropathy Tips?

Ana Cou's profile photo   01/20/2020 7:29 p.m.

Hello!

I have type 2 diabetes for 7 years.Metformin volume.

A year ago I started with pain and loss of sensitivity in the fingers of my feet.

Now it affects my legs.There are moments that become unbearable.

The doctor prescribed me antioxidants but did not improve.Glycosylated hemoglobin has been very good: 6 for several years.

What could you do?

Thank you!

Ana Cou's profile photo
Ana Cou
01/20/2020 7:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

That is (almost) impossible to be diabetic neuropathy.
Do you have a diagnosis of that "diabetic neuropathy" or is it yours?

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/20/2020 9:42 p.m.

This is what my diabetologist calls him.Why do you say that it is almost impossible for the pain I feel has origin in diabetes?Thanks for commenting.

Ana Cou's profile photo
Ana Cou
01/20/2020 10:10 p.m.

Because you have spent a few years with diabetes and your hemoglobin is quite good.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
01/20/2020 11:42 p.m.

Diabetologist always looks at the analysis and says very well!But discomfort and pain are increasing.What can be the origin of pain and lack of sensitivity?

Ana Cou's profile photo
Ana Cou
01/21/2020 1:46 a.m.

@Ana Cou

You could have a pinched nerve on the back.I had a similar problem for a long time and it was in the back.In my case I fix it at the end a good chiropractic!

But start by going to a traumatologist and tell what you have.Tb could be useful a neurologic.If in the end you remain the same you can try the chiropractic or an osteopata (it is what works my wife).

But empiro to go to the "classic doctors" to see what they tell you.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/21/2020 10:48 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Thank you very much Jldiazdel.I will follow your advice to see what happens.Thank you too Mamamarvazq!

Ana Cou's profile photo
Ana Cou
01/21/2020 4:20 p.m.

@ANA COU POINT FOR THE Rheumatologist too.
It looks more about that.I have to go for some similar symptoms of another already identified ailment and they told me that nothing of traumatologist or neurologist or hematologist, that it was the rheumatologist who carried these issues.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/23/2020 1:08 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much Ruth!I will see where the path of searching for a solution begins.For now I am better with a diet almost without carbohydrates.

Ana Cou's profile photo
Ana Cou
01/23/2020 3:50 p.m.

Diabetic neuropathy is diagnosed by the electrostimulation test of the nervous system, tests consisting of different electrical discharges are performed and check the response of the nerves (more or less it is like that) I have it, the test has shown it, I lose sensitivity inThe hands, there are times pain, sensation of cold, ramp and others as if they burned, no traumatologist, first neurologist if he discards then if it could be a traumatology thing, such as cervical,

match53's profile photo
match53
01/30/2020 8:15 p.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

Suspend metformin for a while, metformin creates long -term neuropathy because it prevents the absorption of nerve bioconductivity of vitamin B12, take complex supplements of complex B, especially B12, and alphalipoic acid ... Take a radiograph of the column andTake it to a doctor to verify if there is compression in lumbar vertebrae ... and if the pain is strong, the gabapentina can help you.

angel007's profile photo
angel007
02/21/2020 8:07 a.m.

@Angel007 "Leaving the medication", I understand what will be after consulting with a doctor, right?

I find it very strong that such an action is suggested by the forum ... We have to be very prudent with the advice we give, especially when they affect the treatment of a person, in these cases, I recommend that I consult the doctorthat leads to the person, and if applicable, change the treatment.

Don't you think it's better like that?

fer's profile photo
fer
02/21/2020 2:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer totally agree, it must be your doctor who decides that antidiabetic is the most appropriate and of course any medication under the corresponding optional prescription.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/21/2020 3:10 p.m.

@Angel007

That's very good.But that is not what @Fer told you

You cannot recommend a person with diabetes that leave your medication and take vitamins!You can tell him to speak with his doctor because that mediation interferes with the B12.That is useful.I think it's easy to understand!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/21/2020 9:29 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Doctors inform you of the side effects of medication that prescribe you.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/21/2020 9:58 p.m.

ana couch said:
hello!

I have type 2 diabetes for 7 years.Metformin volume.

A year ago I started with pain and loss of sensitivity in the fingers of my feet.

Now it affects my legs.There are moments that become unbearable.

The doctor prescribed me antioxidants but did not improve.Glycosylated hemoglobin has been very good: 6 for several years.

What could you do?

Thank you!

Anything with opioids, in the Simi or those of savings they sell them without a recipe ... that serves at night, luck!

Tramadol or those ...

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/09/2020 4:20 a.m.

match53 said:
diabetic neuropathy is diagnosed by the electrostimulation test of the nervous system, a tests consisting of different electrical discharges are performed and check the response of the nerves (more or less it is like that)I have it, the test has shown it, I lose sensitivity in my hands, there are times pain, feeling of cold, ramp and others as if they burned, no traumatologist, first neurologist if he discards then if it could be a traumatology thing, such as cervical,

Hi Match I wanted

Thank you

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
09/15/2022 3:09 p.m.

The message of @Match53 is old, January 20, 2020

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/15/2022 3:37 p.m.

@Vero83 happens to me, but not by diabetes.It is blood irrigation.Visit to Rheumatologist.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2022 6:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@vero83 passes me, but not by diabetes.It is blood irrigation.Visit to Rheumatologist.

Yeah?oysters because you already leave me "calm" the truth everything began in my son's first pregnancy, in the second pregnant he aggravated and now I suffer the consequences
Do you take some cream or take some kind of medication?

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
09/16/2022 2:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.