Hello, I introduce myself!

dani19924's profile photo   04/24/2020 7:01 p.m.

Good afternoon,
I've been accessing the forum and reading the issues and I have decided to register.

I tell you a little about me.
In January 2018, I had been finding me a lot and finally I had a diabetic debut, where when I went to the hospital I had 450 glucose and a horrible analytics after the tests they did to me, the triglycerides had them to 1200 and the cholesterol to 400.
I was 25 years old and my mother is diabetic type 1, so they thought I would be type 1 and for two weeks I was with Lantus, but when the tests of the C peptide arrived I had a value of 2.98 so that I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetesAnd they sent me metformin, taking a pill a day.I had a glycosylated 9 and I got weight about 10 kilos in the following months, although having overweight, I think that by eating better, TMB had something to do.

The fact is that I travel a lot and change a lot of cities and then I have changed endocrineIn 180 but I had
A glycosilada of 5.2, so he thought he could have lada diabetes.

Then, they climbed two pills a day but I had to go down to an XK again produced many discomforts and in the end I am taking some metformin pill and one of Januvia.I still see that for example with breakfast when taking half bun of bread, even if I took the pills, at two hours I usually have about 200 or so.

On the other hand, it is true that if I take 0 carbohydrates, it does not rise but being in normal values ​​I feel fatigue and much tiredness, it may be for the pills.

In the last analytical, of Marshas of 2020, I had a 1.01 peptide on an empty stomach and a tmb ia2 tmb, I think I remember high, a glycosylated of 6.4 and some triglycerides of 350. The endocrine sent me toujeo in caseI got out of the quarantine the levels and put a puncture and not have to go to the emergency room, since it coincided with the beginning of the quarantine by the Covid and recommended me to stay at home and not go to neither be serious.

The truth is that I do not know if I will have a type 2 diabetes, type 1 or lada and if I should continue with the pills or leave them and use insulin what do you think?I may be on a honeymoon but I really don't know how I notice that I need insulin or not, if it would be XK sharply I don't lower sugar or something.

Thank you very much in advance!

dani19924's profile photo
dani19924
04/24/2020 7:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Dani19924, but if you have your mother, who will be a great teacher!
Do you have glucometer?You can buy online while this situation passes.
And the toujeo is a basal insulin, you have to use it every day at the same time.It is not a day yes, one day.
The one that serves to correct a specific blood glucose value is quick insulin.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
04/24/2020 8:33 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@dani19924

Yes, complicated.In the end it gives a little the same if you are type 1 or lada.What matters are your analytics.They are not bad.

But in your case I would avoid rapid action carbohydrates.You still have beta cell reserves and the more you last better.Don't worry.If they have to run out they will run out.You try to eat well and follow the instructions of your endocrine.

Make glycemia controls regularly.You know what best it is to look like you are at 2 or 3 hours of a meal.And in the morning before breakfast too.I know that it is a bit heavy.But in your case it is the best.

If you see Q with the pills are not stable .., Plan B. Slow insulin.If after a time you do not remain stable ... Plan C, fast insulin with meals.

The important thing is that you regularly glymia hair controls regularly.And of course every three months of HBA1C.Yes, it is heavy, but in your case I would not neglect much

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/24/2020 8:44 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

solar said:
@dani19924, but if you have your mother, who will be a great teacher!.
Do you have glucometer?You can buy online while this situation passes.
And the toujeo is a basal insulin, you have to use it every day at the same time.It is not a day yes, one day.
The one that serves to correct a specific blood glucose value, is fast insulin.

Good afternoon Solar, if my mother is a great teacher and a jewel: Smile: she always tells me to try to endure everything I can with the pills for the issue of desulin desulin, but I think that they don't do everything to meThe effect that it should because after meals also usually have high values ​​to the slightest carbohydrate that eats.I told all this to the endocrine but I think he prefers to lengthen it and that he endures everything he can with the pills.The only thing that told me the last time in addition to the results is that in six months I would send me another analysis and that insulin is in case.

Glukometer I have the contour and my endocrine prescribed 3 strips a day to measure me, because until recently I bought the strips in the pharmacy since being with pills they did not prescribe them.

dani19924's profile photo
dani19924
04/24/2020 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.