Parties at school

Vero cc's profile photo   06/08/2018 5:35 p.m.

Hi, I have a 5 year old diabetic child.I would like you to tell me to do when there is a birthday or a party in the school.If your hij@ participates in the things you carry or takes your breakfast separate

Vero cc's profile photo
Vero cc
06/08/2018 5:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The endocrinologist on the day my 6th daughter was diagnosed, sat down to talk long and lying with us including the baby and explained that if there is a birthday that we carry it because she must make her normal life, the mincers can eat one or twoAnd from the cake a small portion without sigh and we must adjust the dose of insulin to be able to eat those things, personally I do all this but I do not allow itI give water or prepare a juice at home to take it.The most important thing is to talk to him and explain in your own way what are the risks and that he must also take care of himself.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
06/08/2018 6:51 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

He knows that there are many things that are only allowed sometimes and usually ask what he may or may not take.But every time it has worse the being different and I would like it not to feel bad and that of course controlling the amount could eat at certain times what the rest

Vero cc's profile photo
Vero cc
06/08/2018 7:05 p.m.

I understand you perfectly, and part of the soul when they tell you that because they cannot be like others, but as I say adjusting insulin can have those holidays almost like other children.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
06/08/2018 8:16 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

Take Refresco Light, and eat what you want.They usually play a lot and burn it.You can put a little quickly before, and measure two hours later and correct.Look at what you are eating and you calculate it better next time.
Nothing happens because it's a little high a few hours that day.It is more important to enjoy as any child.
The psychological facet is very important to accept diabetes as well as possible.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2018 9:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is that my son's graduation arrives and he wants to eat the things that put the rest.As it is a special occasion, it seemed good to me, of course controlling amounts and putting insulin if you need it.At school he has a nurse, who thought it would be better, but in this case I had to dislike.They have refused saying that the child has to know since childhood the limitations he has for his illness and even offering me to be and being me who controls him by putting the reason that no father is going.I feel fatal for my son because he already begins to take him worse

Vero cc's profile photo
Vero cc
06/08/2018 9:16 p.m.

Excuse me, our children have no limitations what they will learn is to take care and maintain their health, if I have learned in this short time with the condition at home is that nobody knows what is better for my daughter better than me.

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
06/08/2018 9:32 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Glicada. 7.7

I have tried to explain that.I compared it with allergic children.I have told you that I didn't have to see.That they can eat everything to their extent and of course without abusing.But it has not served, there is very little knowledge of the disease.They have made me feel helpless because they wanted to give me lessons on how to take care of my son and have made me feel bad mother as if I were going to give my son poison.

Vero cc's profile photo
Vero cc
06/08/2018 9:40 p.m.

A little psychology also has to have the nurse ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/08/2018 9:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.