Intense day, lower insulin

BanHop's profile photo   06/19/2018 9:18 p.m.

Good, a friend has a diabetic son for a year or so, he is 13 years old.Tresiba is click on the morning 25 Unid.And fast about 20-20-20.

It turns out that this Thursday they have an excursion with hiking, many activities such as going for a river with neoprene ...

He has thought about the day of putting half of Tresiba.I think it's the best, but since I don't have experience with Tresiba, I don't know if going down the day before will serve or there is another solution better.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
06/19/2018 9:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, it does not work, the Tresiba is an insulin with an effect 24 hours, although in its own experience it is more, to make precise changes of 2-3 days to check if effect to the change, so from one day to another to go down to theHalf a blow I would not recommend and more without consulting the endocrine.It would also be necessary to see if the Tresiba causes me peaks, if peaks, even if they say it is a flat flat insulin in my case I had nothing.If you do not have those action peaks, almost "play" better with the fast doses, injection place of this and the intake of h.I think it will be less disorder.But always with consulting the endocrine.I guess you can't ask that the adults who accompany it are formed to act in case of severe hypo and so on.All the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/20/2018 11:58 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.