Exercise and diabetes, my case.

DiegoA's profile photo   06/24/2018 8:14 p.m.

Hello, a few months ago I entered the forum new.I am from Puerto Rico.After Hurricane Maria Cedii in Diabetes.I ended up in the hospital for 4 days in what they controlled the sugar that reached 400. For me it was a strong emotional blow since my parents both suffered from diabetes.When they did the glycolisada test I was at 13.5, they prescribed Humalog with meals and Toujeo before sleeping.I started the treatment using the PEN, for both since I am a very active person, but I was sedentary at the time they diagnosed me.After a month of treatment I began to notice that the sugar was going out too much with the dose of Humalog, this while I had resumed the exercise routines such as swimming and cycling.I am 55 years old, so diabetes already grabs me in my maturity, which is very different from many of you who bring it from good young or from childhood.It cannot be compared.
That said, I wrote about my intention to stop putting on the Humalog and continue with the Toujeo to see what was happening.There were many reactions against me as to that I could not leave the basal, which I did not do and continued experiencing.Here my experience after 6 months in treatment.I continued using Toujeo at 15mlg and the humalog simply completely stopped.This since April.My average numbers were maintained in 109/113, I kept with a daily exercise routine, cycling, 1-2 hours and swimming 15-30 minutes.Totally eliminating high foods in sugars, and increasing protein and monosaturated fats.the snacks and meals as stable as possible.Nothing to eat rte or go without breakfast.My last laboratory 3 weeks ago was a glycosilada of 6.6 and glucose in 98. In addition to all other lipid and cholesterol tests, within the normal parameters.The top I have had glucose since then was a 180, product of a binge out of time and not having done any exercise.I observed that while I exercised after breakfast or lunch, I became much easier to work with sugar than after dinner and even in the morning the average was in the 110-120 because I began to break the rule of not eating long afterFrom Toujeo, and that gave me results in the 120-130 in the mornings.Once the night snacks were stopped, the glucose in a fast remained in less than 115 and on the couple of times it reached 85-100.On my last visit I began to change the treatment with metformin and toujeo to observe how my body reacted with the aim of completely eliminating insulin.After three weeks with a dose of metformin in the morning with breakfast and toujeo at night, last Thursday they give me the news that we are going to use metformin only twice a day.To this day, and I am sure that the exercise routine has been decisive in controlling glucose.I have not forgotten what many call the honeymoon with diabetes, for me it is not a honeymoon, not even the idea pleases me.I cried when I was diagostic, because I know what I face, but I can die tomorrow of a vehicular clash, so I am not going to regret my condition and much less amilaan in the challenges of controlling it, this is a fightIn the long term.I know that each of us has different circumstances but many of the forums that I read only see the combinations of medications or diets, and I do not read anything about an active life that accelerates metabolism and burns calories.It is not a walking walk is either an extreme competition but it is consistency.This is my experience.If it works for them.

Diego

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
06/24/2018 8:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @"Diegoa" for sharing it.
Exercise always helps to have better control.They told me when he debuts with 41 years.
My aunt has debuted with 68 years.At first I had basal and fast as you.But after 5 months it is only with metformin.It is not honeymoon or anything similar, it is type 2 diabetes of adults that when debts requires insulin until stabilized.
I'm glad you have such good controls and be so active .... I miss that ... sport because I am too much ... :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/26/2018 7:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.