{'en': 'Today I was diagnosed with diabetes ... why?', 'es': 'Hoy me diagnosticaron diabetes... ¿Por qué?'} Image

Today I was diagnosed with diabetes ... why?

Yiya's profile photo   07/06/2018 4:22 a.m.

Good night,

It seems good to find a group that I can talk about.

Last Saturday I went to take annual exams of routine and oh surprise today in reading them they told me that I have diabetes ...:-& lt;

I must take others that ordered me, I am very sad.I lead a healthy life, I do sports, I have good eating habits ...

I don't know what could happen.I'm desperate ...

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/06/2018 4:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Yiya" Welcome to the forum.
Do not worry, diabetes like other diseases need attention but you can lead a life like any other person.
The first thing is to control your levels, learn to eat less hydrates, do sports, etc.

Do not look for the origin because it is not defined.Some say that stress, others that bad habits, others for infections, ...

What diabetes have you detected you?Type 1 insulin -dependent or type 2 with pills?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/06/2018 8:11 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi Ruthbia,

I don't know, I must do other analysis.But the truth is in that first stage that psychologists call denial, I believed that my health was perfect and always actubq for her.Dra told me that it could be hereditary my grandmother were detected two years ago, but she is 86 years old.

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/06/2018 2:07 p.m.

Hi @yiya, and welcome to this forum !!Because it will be of an immense help to accompany you, with palbras, advice, opinions about your diabteco beginning, and what when you already understand the entire system of care, bartings, symptoms and etc., (all with patience and perseverance) you can live like any of all of allthe others in the world, with or without DBTS !!!If you encourage you, you will know what everything in this forum, with great Carino we explain what we have gone through stages and moments very difficult and similar, but we do not forget that: the dbts is only for brave and warriors!And you? ...... Are you one more !!!
I encourage sweet friend!Hugs, @ani

ani's profile photo
ani
07/07/2018 5:48 p.m.

Hi Yiya,
Actually this is for brave and warriors.
I am new in this forum, I am Sebastian's mother of 9 years and a year ago he was diagnosed with diabetes.I still remain in a state of denial, but life continues and my warrior has started its struggle, although it is not easy.
A lot of yiya value, life is full of evidence.
I hope this forum is of great support.

MIMIS's profile photo
MIMIS
07/16/2018 11:17 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I told them that I should do new analysis, because they can believe that the pre and post prendial came out normal and glycozilated hemoglobin by 5.4%which indicated negative for diabetes.How the last analyzes were in the same laborer of the initial results where they told me that it was diabetic .. Dra suggested to perform some third exams in another laboratory different from that of my EPS.Today I went for those results and took them to my Dr. where I ratify that I am not a diabetic.I am calm ... Thank God and that gives me stretch for.Tell them not to stay with a single result.Mine had even medicated me metformin

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/19/2018 3:18 a.m.

Type 1 diabetes know that it is caused by an autoimmune process in the body that by mistake destroys insulin producing cells, or beta cells, the case is that it is not known because that has happened to us, we have touched the fat prize of the tenthof Christmas lottery without having bought it that is the funniest thing.

Regarding what is said that with a glychemoglobin of 5.4 % it can be said that there is no diabetes is totally incorrect because then I do not have diabetes.I've been with glycos for several years below 5% being at the low margin of 65 mg by 1% of MCG, 94% between 65 and 140 mg of the MCG, and 5% above 140 mg (being 3%between 140 and 150 mg).Glichemoglobin does not apply to rule if a person has diabetes or if it is good control that takes glucose.Everything must be analyzed since in diabetes 1+1 they are not always 2.

For the rest because diabetes can get along very well, we have a main problem even if you carry a control that could be called excellent and is that we have some jobs, logical?Well, for some people with diabetes yes and for others not.For the rest we can do the same as everyone, that with more effort and more work, but satisfaction when we do something multiplies x 5. Our brain changes when they tell us that we have diabetes and if not we have to change it, sinceIt becomes a computer into a continuous work process for 24 h.We can say that our main word in the dictionary has to be "fight" the main and the first.

Much encouragement because you will see how with enthusiasm and support of all the people who share this damn disease (because we want or not) you will fight, you will dream more than ever and you will strive more than before, that is, above that mood and fight next toALL OF US!!!!!!We have special blood, don't forget it !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2018 8:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Congratulations on not being diabetic.You've got rid of a good one.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/19/2018 11:05 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi Jconegar,

Well, I really want to believe that after so many analyzes after my first diagnosis, I don't have.For this they did uroanalysis, pre and post glycemia and glycozilated hemoglobin.
The doubt of the first result arose because I have good eating habits and sport is my constant partner, the only thing was perhaps the genetic factor since that grandmother was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago.She has always led a healthy life is 87 years old, so I decided not only to repeat them in the labor to be the EPS how I will do it but also to pay in a particular laboratory these exams.The results of both the EPS and individuals give that there is no factor that determines positive for debetes.
What happened to those first results?Imagine was the mistake of the loup.

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/19/2018 1:17 p.m.

yiya said:
hello jconegar,

Well, I really want to believe that after so many analyzes after my first diagnosis, I don't have.For this they did uroanalysis, pre and post glycemia and glycozilated hemoglobin.
The doubt of the first result arose because I have good eating habits and sport is my constant partner, the only thing was perhaps the genetic factor since that grandmother was diagnosed with diabetes two years ago.She has always led a healthy life is 87 years old, so I decided not only to repeat them in the labor to be the EPS how I will do it but also to pay in a particular laboratory these exams.The results of both the EPS and individuals give that there is no factor that determines positive for debetes.
What happened to those first results?Imagin was the mistake of the lounge.

The real analysis really I think I think it is the c peptide to know what there is.It is true that many times the results of the laboratories are not correct due to poor condition of the reagents.If you have diabetes, you realize knowing basic symptoms not to go to the bathroom and not stop drinking water with exaggeration.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2018 1:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In fact, the first analyzes were requested by me, how annual checks I do.The previous ones were in August of the past, I always become triglycerides, cholesterol, and platelet counts every year.I had no symptoms.

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/19/2018 1:51 p.m.

Apart from the hemoglobin.Those also go in that annual package

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/19/2018 1:52 p.m.

@Yiya, the first thing to congratulate you for not being diabetic, but I want you to know that type1 diabetes is autoimmune and although you take care of yourself, as you say that you do, it can appear in any moment.
It is genetic and can trigger a very common virus.
So don't think that those who have diabetes is because they don't take care of themselves.
It is true that type2 can be prevented in a certain way with good habits, but, type1, no.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/20/2018 3:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina,

Thanks for the information.The same had already begun to inform me more close to this disease.Of course I know that there are difficult conditions to anticipate as the autoimmune, but if I know several diabetics that developed it for habits and way of life.I will read more about the Themus

Yiya's profile photo
Yiya
07/20/2018 3:32 a.m.

Yiya do not stop taking into account the symptoms, for doubts!How many gave you the first exam what did you make glycemia?My son was given 126, the two days of glycemia and curve, as well as glycosilada, symptoms of going to the bathroom and drinking a lot of water only x two days.But its very short C peptide.It was with normal values ​​almost a year, the diabetologist indicated to measure it every day, alternately and when they were raising their values ​​that we call it and so it was ... we prevented it from interneting it, it was very progressive.
It is my personal experience.I wish it is not yours, but I took the symptoms into account, I had a meter !!!SOUND!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
07/20/2018 4:47 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.