{'en': 'Diabetes Mody', 'es': 'Diabetes Mody'} Image

Diabetes Mody

pepalumpi's profile photo   01/31/2020 12:41 p.m.

Hello,

I would like to know if in this group there is some Mody diabetic, we are the great forgotten diabetes, I have been with this genetic diabetes, it is characterized by having a single modified gene.

The beginnings with this type of diabetes "are good", there are about 200 in fasting and in youth, I was 17 years old, the first years of evolution are very good, with antidiabetics, exercise and diet, we have 5.5.

But with the years of evolution it is complicated a bit, because pancreatic reserves disappear and insulin therapy begins, and there is an important problem, a lot of sensitivity to the rapid, but good tolerance with the slow,

I now take Synjerdy that it is a medication mixed with metformin, that excess glucose is eliminated with urine, I tolerate them well, and they are also cardiovascular protectors.

What does this mean?Well, carry a low diet in HC and exercise, so I am a diet diabetics, not to eat many things, if I have fast at home, in case one day I have the high values, but I know that I am going to enter hiccups althoughI get very little.

Of course, for that I have dexcom G6 that helps me to know what effect does the food in me, and it has helped me lose 14 kilos, my luck the team of endors that I have found in these 38 years, I have had 3 and the threeempathic and good.

Headers a disaster do not know anything about MODY, the solution is that I am as little as possible.

I hope that in this group there is some mody and we can share experiences.

Thank you so much!!

pepalumpi's profile photo
pepalumpi
01/31/2020 12:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Pepalumpi

Hello, I did not know this type of diabetes.But I have looked out of curiosity that means Modly (Matury-Nset Diabetes of the Young, something like diabetes of the mature age that is presented in the young man).

It is quite rare, for what I have seen.And there are also many subtypes.But I hope you find someone else in the forum.I am more "simple" (type 1, lada).

In any case, please, inform them from time to time about how you evolve.For what I see you have it quite controlled and with the G6.Brilliant

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/31/2020 2:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@Pepalumpi, very little is known about the Mody, tell us everything!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
01/31/2020 4:23 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@Pepalumpi Welcome !!!
I have a family relative, it has been diagnosed for 15 years since they were diagnosed.His is hereditary: great grandfather, grandfather and father.He uses slow and diet.It is very thin.

Tell us more things, there are few moodies.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/04/2020 11:58 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello good!!I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2015, after genetic analysis and study they have determined that I am Modly 3. At the moment I go with diet and exercise, although the endocrine prescribed me metformin for the issue of insulin resistance that is normally associated with problemsWhen regulating the rules, but right now I take it, although I started but not knowing well at what time of day take it, although he told me that when I wanted to and others, because I preferred not to take it for not putting the leg.

At the moment I approve, the bad thing is that I have been very badly with the diet and exercise combo, because I usually have to force myself to be very strict and kill me ... as soon as I have a few months that I mislead and relax, some give me somehigh values.The truth is that in my hospital I go to a Modly unit, but only once a year and it is quite a roll to not be able to ask questions, when the day comes many times I forget everything I want to ask.

I am thinking of looking for a nutritionist that helps me a bit to understand how my body works (very high fasting values, depending on the days, if I take a glass of milk I get up almost equal or more than after if I do breakfast and take breadAnd another glass of milk ...), in short, that I am very angry not knowing exactly how everything works.I'm glad to meet someone else, have you diagnosed you with the type of Modly you are?Depending on the type, it is more aggressive or less, so you can see the 2 and 3 are the most common, but the 2 barely has effects, it is usually better controlled than the 3 that you have to be more careful with high glycemia becauseThey cause more damage ... But of course I know how little I am reading online and I can inform myself on my own.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/24/2020 6:23 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well I am thin, I debuted with an amount of 126 in a normal analytics, but high cholesterol and triglycerides, which made them think that it was type 2 or type 1, I really wore a quite normal diet, ate fast food, yes, chocolate... But let's see people around me who eat a thousand times worse.

But seeing that my mother was diagnosed with 37 years, the glucose almost 300, and that she has been without medications and right now with 67 with oral medications, because it made them think that it could be another.

The truth is that cholesterol and triglycerides recovered completely normal values ​​at 3 months of diet and exercise.It seems that more or less I follow my mother's path, I am now 37 years old, although they have already told me that if I have pregnant I will have to use insulin.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/24/2020 6:27 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

pepalumpi said:
hello, I would like to know if in this group there is some mody diabeticGen modified, the beginnings with this type of diabetes "are good" are debuted around 200 in fasting and in youth, I was 17 years old, the first years of evolution are very good, with antidiabetics, exercise and diet, we have to5.5, but with the years of evolution it complicates a bit, because pancreatic reserves disappear.And insulin therapy begins, and there is an important problem, a lotI tolerate them well, and they are also cardiovascular protective, who supposes this?Well, carry a low diet in HC and exercise, so I am a diet diabetics, not to eat many things, if I have fast at home, in case I have the high values ​​one day, but I know that I am going to enter hiccups althoughI get very little, of course for that I have been able to know what effect does the food in me, and it has helped me to lose 14 kilos, my luck the endorse team that I have found in these 38 years, I have had3 And the three empathics and good, the header doctors a disaster, do not know anything about MODY, the solution is that I am as little as possible, I hope that in this group there is some mody and we can share experiences

Hello, I am Mody with 51 years, and my son with 25 too.I started being gestational, type 1, type 2, it disappeared, it appeared .... diet, diet and exercise, medium metfotmina, 3 metformin, insulin Levemir (slow), Synjardy, diamicrón .......I have tried everything and after fulfilling my son, the law of the fourth generation of dibetics, did the genetic tests giving positive for Modly.Now he has 1 diamicron in the morning, and I 1 Symjardy morning and half glymepirida nights.I hope all this mess is for you

puri's profile photo
puri
02/24/2020 11:36 p.m.

What lottery is genetics!My brothers are none and I took the fat prize.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
02/25/2020 9:32 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@Ruthbia, all modys are genetic, that is, monogenetic, there is only one modified gene, we are also the whole diabetic family, my father, his sister, my paternal grandmother, my fatherly great -grandfather, my brothers, etc., I also useSlow alone, the rapid for special occasions, I am also thin now, I have lost 14 kilos in a year, since I began to spread Dexcom, it happened to me that in the morning I got up well in 120, after breakfast at two hours I wasIn 150, and before eating in 90, more or less, and the rest the day too, and then some nightclub of there that began with Dexcom, and of course we saw two good postpon -prespàndrial peaks when eating, which lasts littleBut that they are there, we tried quickly and it was a disaster, so now I take some pills that have site ///

pepalumpi's profile photo
pepalumpi
02/26/2020 11:59 a.m.

Hello, I am Modly 5. Recent diagnosed after 40 years since I debuted.
It is a monogenic disease, as already mentioned here.

I would also like to find people with this disease since it is rare.

The most common variants are Modly 2 and 3. Modly 5 is especially rare and one of the worst as it affects different organs: kidneys, exocrine and endocrine pancreas, liver, glandulas (and even the celebration).There are images of a human body with arrows on the Internet to all the organs that can be affected.

I have inherited it from my father, who died without knowing the origin of all his ills.
Reading and searching on the Internet, I finally found an article on Modly 5 and I knew that this is the cause of my diseases.I finally told a new endocrine, who finally wanted to listen to me and do the genetic tests.

Now we are that taking the results of the tests that have done my daughter.

Gene medicine is advancing a lot and if investigated, surely the defective gene can be replaced in the future.I hope so.

Amga's profile photo
Amga
09/23/2023 10:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.