I insulin birome is locked

sjulieta's profile photo   01/31/2020 11:11 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon!!I am new in the forum although I have been reading some of its posts for a while.Today I encourage them to write to you because I have a doubt.2 months ago I started my treatment with the insulin Levemir and it has been increasingly happening to me that insulin locks me to the point that has happened to me to believe that I gave my dose and it turns out that no.I already verify and it is not the needle and it is not the first birome with which it happens to me.Has anyone else happened to?How can I avoid it?

sjulieta's profile photo
sjulieta
01/31/2020 11:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have to be more disciplined not to forget that this of insulin is for a lifetime and be very careful with the diabetes material (it protects the insulin pen from the sun, animals and any dirt).

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/01/2020 12:17 a.m.

mamarvazq said:
you have to be more discipline to not forget that this of insulin is for a lifetime and being very careful with the diabetes material (protects the insulin of the Sun, animals and any dirt).

I always have it in the refrigerator and not at the door, never out of there or near animals

sjulieta's profile photo
sjulieta
02/01/2020 3:28 a.m.

Insulin in use must be preserved outside the refrigerator (fridge or refrigerator) and for a maximum of 30 days;Then that insulin pen and use a new one (from the fridge) must be discarded.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/01/2020 10:44 a.m.

@sjulieta

Welcome to the forum!

Try to purge before putting insulin before.Throw out about two units and then you can put the insulin.

And as you have told you, do not keep in the refrigerator the insulin that you put!Keep it out (try to do not the sun and keep it in a fresh zone) and a month you change it.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/01/2020 12:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

My partner passed several times to come.As they say above, try units to see if it comes out.
Now that I read the post we do not know if it is a coincidence or some abuse in the place where they are given.At home we are careful with them

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
02/02/2020 1:53 p.m.

@sjulieta, when I used feathers sometimes happened to me, but I don't remember the reason very well, I think it was when I caught muscle.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/03/2020 5:02 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.