{'en': 'Feeling of guilt', 'es': 'Sentimiento de culpa'} Image

Feeling of guilt

Jess's profile photo   07/23/2018 4:02 p.m.

Today after 21 years with my dear friend I have felt until bad and I feel guilty.

In my work I had never had any difficulty in realization.

I work in a hospital and have sent me to a service in which the procedures are carried out with the light off.In which you cannot get out of the box until it is finished because the patient is first.A service in which you are not going to have breakfast until the whole team comes out and that can be at 1 or more.

These days I have had hypoglycemia in being a service in which I do not know that I do not care not to stop, but to have flexibility to correct the hypo.Then breakfast at seven a light breakfast and until 1 without eating anything.

Due to my retinopathy and not having a vision of an eye working without light reduces my field of vision and reduces the peripheral vision that sometimes hit me with the other companions because I do not see them.

If it is true that I make a normal life but in this service I have seen myself limited.And today I have gone to talk to supervisors, unions, labor mutual and good occupational health will make me a recognition to see what positions I cannot do and for the moment the supervisors who did not know that I had diabetes or anything at all have relocated me as since they wereI am super grateful.

But I feel a bit useless today, as guilty, feeling of sick and that I could stay in the service and do it as I can until the body endures but given my background I think I am first, but still tried to self -convecer that it is what it isCorrect, when in reality it is.

Anyway, I just wanted to let off steam that you sure understand me: \ "& GT;

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/23/2018 4:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First of all ... many moods @"Jess" !!!, you don't have to feel bad, we all have virtues and defects, I think you have done very well asking for change!;)

Here is some topic for your reading and if you also want to contribute in them:

Link noun-dia-a-dia/p1
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/23/2018 4:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@JESS, having diabetes is not the same as having nothing.There is no reason superhero.
That is why labor rights are, when they are needed.
And nothing happens, they change to another area and point. You continue working.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2018 4:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Jess" don't feel guilty.You have thanks before because you have been helped.They are things that we have to assume.We make normal life but we have limitations.
Everyone has more or less visible limitations.
I work with many people and interact with many and I guarantee that there is each one that is not diabetic but that has the occasional minusvalida neuron and I do not know how it does not have social assistance.

They threatened to say goodbye if I was not on a trip to China due to the absence of functions.There I had to lift every night at 4 to put the insulin, then at 7 to go to work.Complicated meals with hydrates, in short .... that between 14,000 employees there was no other idiot to choose from ... (allegate everything ... but ...)
It went well, but if I had any problem there would have been no way to understand it because it was a population in which only Chinese is spoken.No English.
Courage .... it's just adapt to your new position.Surely in a few days you see it better

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/24/2018 7:54 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Many spirits, @Jess, because you have had the courage to expose your problem and your limitations, and the immense luck that they will change you to a more appropriate position.To others, and in other times, that weakness was a harassment and demolition until we reached the loss of the job.Things that happen and maybe remember so that they do not lose sight of.
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
07/24/2018 1:05 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Thanks @"fer".The very interesting posts
Thank you @"Regina" you are right about all because I work with patients and it is time to let me want to fix the world :)
Thank you @"ruthbia" the truth is that I spend the whole weekend, without sleep because I did not know how they were going to take it, it is true that there are many people with limitations, but as I had never said that I had diabetes, orNothing and many times without the Occupational Health Report do not relocate you because they do not have the obligation.
In fact, notice the supervisors concerned with me.
You are right that everyone has something or not.In view that they never imagined that I had diabetes, in fact those who work with me would not know if I do not say it.(I must confess that I rarely say it. I do not take shame for shame but that maybe I do not want people to sympathize with their comments "Oh poor" "you are fine, do not do what you can not and may onlya glass "etc)
I have come to the conclusion these days that it has cost me a lot to accept that I have diabetes and that I wanted to separate it from me for many years and it has had a good bill.
A few years ago I made peace with our friend, so I will also take her to work.:)

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/24/2018 5:05 p.m.

Surprised said:
Many moods, @Jess, because you have had the courage to expose your problem and your limitations, and the immense luck that they will change you to a more appropriate position.To others, and in other times, that weakness was a harassment and demolition until we reached the loss of the job.Things that happen and maybe remember so that they do not lose sight of.
Greetings.

Thank you very much, people with diabetes are equally valid as those who do not have it.I have complications and still in the years that I have only had difficulty in that service at the moment you have diabetes and without complications I do not want to tell you.Society has to become aware of that.There is still much to do.
I should not forget the world: directors, politicians, etc.Etc that diabetes is a lottery that can touch you without buying a ticket.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/24/2018 5:37 p.m.

@Jess ... Imagine the life of Theresa May .... Comilonas at different times, trips, stresses, endless meetings .... When they told him by the free sensor, I thought; how should this lady organize her life?I seem incredible to be Prime Minister of UK and type 1 diabetics.

Everyone around me knows that I am a diabetic.Shortly after debuting, a boy fell at the office at the end of a meeting.We call emergencies from the center (we have a doctor and UCI because we are 10,300 people there), total that came and had a severe hypo but nobody knew it was diabetic.You see ... I could have put glucagon or sugar under the tongue .... I think it did not reach older ... another secretary died of a stroke right there with 56 years ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/25/2018 8:04 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" you are right, no matter how much one believes that it has everything under control we already know that in diabetes two plus two are not four and can give you a good scare.

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/25/2018 4:56 p.m.

I have felt anger when I have perceived that some new partner has to work with me and finds out that I am diabetic, as if I had more responsibility at work, or bosses thinking of giving me some task.I have felt anger towards diabetes, towards those colleagues, towards myself ... but I try to accept the situation and channel the energy in something positive.Otherwise it is nothing more than spending energies and resources unnecessarily.Animals.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
07/30/2018 7:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.