Insulin allergy

haizea's profile photo   02/10/2020 1:56 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon.My name is Haizea I am 19 years old and I am type 1 diabetic and Celiac since the age of 5.At age 12 he develops an allergy to Levemir insulin, it was to prick her and uncertain me.The lantus also gives me allergy (I think that in general all of the slow action) I currently carry an insulin pump since I cannot administer slow insulin but the fast gives me local allergy, that is to say the cateters hurt me a lotAnd it is almost impossible to control sugar since insulin sometimes does not take effect and other times everything has an effect next to the allergies.I currently take unstretched but it does nothing more than remove the pain a little.Any of you are the same?Or do you know any solution to do this more bearable?I would appreciate advice.All the best

haizea's profile photo
haizea
02/10/2020 1:56 p.m.

Diabética T1 desde los 5 años
Reacción alérgica insulinas lentas, alergia local rápidas.
Altibajos por la reacción a la insulina
Celiaca

Hi @haize:
Have you tried to inject quick insulin with syringe or ball lately?
Perhaps the allergy you comment is an intolerance of some component of the cannula / adhesive.
You have to know that there are several fast insulins (Humalog [Lilly], Novorapid or Novolog [Novo], Apidra [Sanofi], Fiasp [Novo]) that you should try before extracting your own conclusions.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/10/2020 2:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Mamarvazq, because they put my bomb since I gave me local allergy too and I can't live only with fast insulin.Having the allergies years ago before putting the bomb with insulin they tried to put on the catheter to see if the canula gave me allergy I took 15 days and did nothing to me is the insulin the endocrine have told me but they do not know solutions.The novorapid gives me more allergy and the apidra too.I am afraid to try more insulins since each worst the best is the best is the humalog and still makes me local allergy.Thanks for your help!

haizea's profile photo
haizea
02/10/2020 2:18 p.m.

Celiaca

There is also the insulin actrapid [novo] that is not ultra fast (duration 6 hours), and is human.
It may not produce allergy, but in this case the waiting time is very important.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
02/10/2020 2:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Okay!Thanks a lot!They told the endocrine Aver that the bomb tells me the same cannot carry that insulin

haizea's profile photo
haizea
02/10/2020 2:33 p.m.

Celiaca

The same thing happened to me with the slow ones.In my firm I comment.I tried Levemir and Tresiba and Fatal, however with Lantus and Toujeo well.Unfortunately, you have to test others, I know what it is that every two by three you change your insulin and have to be seeing whether it affects you or not, how much you should change the doses, etc, etc.Much encouragement and good luck!Let's see if the one that has been recommended is better.

NiñaBurbuja's profile photo
NiñaBurbuja
02/15/2020 8:02 p.m.

T1 diagnosticada a los 24, tengo 31.
Además soy celiaca y con muchas alergias alimentarias, entre ellas profilina. Recientemente diagnosticada con hipotiroidismo también.

@"Niñaburbuja" Thank you very much for the tips!Although I told the endocrine and they told me that with the bomb I have only I can novorapid (which gives me more) and Humalog that luckily is local allergy with Inchazon lipodystrophies and pain.The problem is that in the place of the catheter I get a lump that for more than I tried creams it takes a long time to leave and in the end I end up without space.Any recommendation to eliminate that little lipo or allergy before or whatever the bulge?

haizea's profile photo
haizea
03/15/2020 12:40 a.m.

Celiaca

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.