{'en': 'Fear of putting me insulin', 'es': 'Miedo a ponerme bomba insulina'} Image

Fear of putting me insulin

juanen's profile photo   07/30/2018 9:55 a.m.

Hello good morning.

First of all, my name is Juanen, I have been diabetic for 27 years.My control is not good at all, glycosiladas are between 8 and 9.

I inject insulin about 4 times a day, Tresiba as a base and fast for meals.I do not follow adequate food guidelines, I don't have a quiet life (like most), stress, haste, careers, work, family, and other health complications.

In the relationship to bad control I was diagnosed with polyneuropathy in the lower extremities, I have gone through the laser for the view, I took Enalapril and Gabapentina but I left it because I produced drowsiness and was the day as tired.

Due to my complication to regulate the sugar, the endocrine recommended the insulin bomb, in principle I rejected it, I became the idea of ​​improving with the bolis, but nothing.

Now after two years without improvement I decided to put the bomb, it will be in the next consultation.I have a lot.

I think that any movement or blow can hurt very much :(

Then there is the fact of being thin, many times I end up with spills or caught any venita or whatever, I imagine that with the cannula it will have much worse.

Then it will be to have hooked all day the bomb, cannula .... I don't know if it will be unpleasant and uncomfortable for others but I don't see myself in the pool, beach, costumes, with the couple ....

And to finish the control, in this I have no doubt that I will improve my levels, I suppose it will be a matter of time to be able to regulate the appropriate dose, although it is true that as I said I do not have a very regulated life, and to be able to have good controlsI understand that you have to follow a fairly stable life.

Here is my first message, I have been reading through the forum, watching videos on YouTube, trying to inform myself as much as possible, but I think the best thing to know is that I put the bomb, if it does not convince me I can always return toMy dear multicolored bolis, how beautiful they are, they even serve to decorate :)

Well, I think I have left everything written ...

Greetings and thank you very much !!!

juanen's profile photo
juanen
07/30/2018 9:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To carry a bomb you have to be clear that you need and what do you want.
Doesn't it hurt at all to wear the catheter on and move, and blows?I have ever fallen from the bike and stopped the blow with the catheter and I haven't heard.
Carry it?Well, in the end you end up getting used to and you don't even realize, it is true that you have always hooked as a mobile.
On the beach, pool ... there are submersible pumps and others that do not but you can put them in some bags so as not to have to disconnect that they are hermetic and let the tub pass, or you can take it away and control, but always knowing that you should not beAs I believe that an hour and a half without any insulin in the body to avoid ketone bodies.
Regarding the couple, I imagine that you mean certain moments, because to see, you have to speak it both but everything depends on the posture, sometimes you will want to take it off and sometimes not, what is a mess?Well, at the beginning, above all, to carry it.
The good thing about carrying a bomb is that the body does not need the same basal and with the pump you can regulate much better, at the same time than to use temporal basals for better control.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/30/2018 12:59 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you for your jconegar message, I know that I need to lower the glycosilada, and that is precisely what I want.Everything else I suppose I will learn, in terms of blows is more than anything because at work I always give me with one thing or another.Most of them are carried by my legs that are full of marks of small blows that are never leaving, I understand that due to poor circulation.
Thanks also for organizing my post and for the nice character of "fear"
:))

juanen's profile photo
juanen
07/30/2018 2:32 p.m.

Hello, I add that the bomb does not make miracles and that if you do not have an adequate control with carbohydrates little will help you, in fact they made me go through the educator to verify that I knew how to count hydrates.
I spent two weeks with a horrible lack of control, especially at dawn, but I have already managed to find the key, there are still an inexplicable subdue or decreases that happens with a bomb and without it as you know.
The theme pool and beach so normal that you do not like that I do not look, anyway there are parameters to spend up to 3 hours disconnected, although it should not be the usual.And if you put the catheter in buttocks, it will not even be seen.
In a couple theme as the natural partner tells you (I think my partner sees her more normal than me)
I thought I was going to feel sick but I have not adapted super good.
The catheter punctures does not hurt anything anyway there are several sizes of needles.I think the smallest is 6. That if you are very thin it would be great to you.And then the theme of clothes and that is not seen, you can put it in countless sites.There are clothes that may be marked a little but usually it goes quite unnoticed in fact but I say that I have a bomb I would not even know my mother.
You will learn to handle that it is very simple and you can put several profiles for the days you have a lot of mess or for the days you are at home and etc.Insist that they explain everything to you.
All the best

Jess's profile photo
Jess
07/30/2018 4:31 p.m.

In addition or believe that you are going to take a needle stuck three days, the catheter is a soft silicone canula that inaters you with the needle but then the agusa comes out ynsolo the soft rubber stays inside, so nothing hurts.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
07/30/2018 6:03 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Jolin I feel how bad I have written, is that from the phone I get fatal !!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
07/30/2018 6:04 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

@"Juanen", I have been a month and a half with the pump.I got used to her from the first moment.I am happy.Animate.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/30/2018 6:55 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Well, I'm looking forward to me to tell me to give it to me, I've been waiting for me for a year since I decided to put it on and I was already with the esucadora four times for two months.I hope that after summer they tell me something

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/30/2018 11:30 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

I had at first doubts my son, very young to take her all day on top, I thought he was going to bother her.Well, he plays, he throws himself to the ground and does what any other child of his age as if he did not take her.In addition, it gives you more freedom of schedules and you can regulate the basal much better.We have been with her for 2 months and we have worsened glycosilada, from 6.5 to 6.8 but the first month was a kaos until she found the key.But in the long run I think it is better, we took a step back to take momentum and now give 2 forward.My son being so small has to take her at the waist.And attached photo.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
07/31/2018 3:16 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Hello, I am Joaquin, and more reluctant than I have connected to a machine I did not make anything funny, but after several scares I decided to put it on myself, I have been with a bomb for 5 years and the truth is that it works great, you can interactfaster and anticipate errors with time.A month ago they put another bomb bomb with the advantage that you can get in the water with it and it is more manageable.Greetings and courage.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
08/01/2018 12:17 a.m.

Hello!I am still with the bowling recommender ... and the truth is that I am a little more lively with everything I have read here ... but this of the changes in these issues make me very nervous

maríajosé33's profile photo
maríajosé33
08/05/2018 11:33 p.m.

Hi, I'm Marta and I have the bomb since March 2018 we are about 5 months and the truth is that at first I was not very sure but now I would not exchange it that I even have to adjust a little but little by little. I have to say that I had a glycosiladaOf 12 and now it is 8 then, first of all it is to be well and quality of life but what I said accustomed to her immediateI have to carry it out because the samu came for me with a 25 glucose lowquality of life without a doubt

miquel's profile photo
miquel
08/06/2018 12:41 a.m.

I have 26 years old diabetes and I am not very happy with the Tresiba, as soonYou have to change certain habits, but you gain a lot of quality of life.

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
01/13/2019 1:05 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.