Calculate the basal

ine_milo's profile photo   02/13/2020 3:07 a.m.

Hello!Do you know how the basal is calculated?My BB uses 3 of threeiba..pesa 10,400 kg.What happens to us is that he eats as a little bird and takes a lot, it costs to finish his dish.And is usually high in measurements.Would it be very much to ask you to put 4 from Basal?And less corrections?Or would it do hypoglycemia?What happens to us now is that it does hypoglycemia x corrections, sometimes a unit is a lot .. I don't know if with higher basal and 1/2 unit corrections can be more stable .. What do you think?Thank you

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 3:07 a.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.
Tenemos pedida bomba Medtronic 670G.

You will have to increase doses as it grows, according to controls.With half units.
You have to inform you the endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/13/2020 11:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have a 12 -year -old grandson debuted at 9 years, I would like it, they told me diets

terebataller's profile photo
terebataller
02/13/2020 12:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@ine_milo consult with your pediatrician, it is not good to always be correcting and as you say, the basal should be adjusted.
For children there are insulin feathers of 0.5 units, ask them to your pediatrician.

@Terebataller Your grandson must go to the endocrine/pediatrician and he will recommend the diet that he needs.The normal thing is that they advise Mediterranean diet;No industrial products, fats, etc.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/13/2020 1:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks girls .. the endocrinologist had it with 2 basal units for hypoglycemia prevention.But it was very uploaded, in 3 hours it goes from 400. And the corrections were very quickly.So sometimes I was with 420, I put 1.5 and at 3 and a half hours I was in hypoglycemia.When the basal rose to 3 units the thing changed a lot.He became more stable, but he is still upper.But between 120 and 200. I never saw a 400 in the glucometer.The change was impressive.And I thought: it lacked basal.I would like to ask if it is possible to try 4 d basal.But I don't know if possible x your weight.I would never do anything without consulting the doctor, except at my baby's age.It is that as we come so lost and I feel that for her it is we (the parents) who do everything wrong.And when the basal increased and changed the matter so much .. I thought the key is perhaps to regulate the basal ... but I would like to have arguments to ask to try it a little more.We have a 1/2 unit for the fast, the slow one only from A 1 (Tresiba).thank you!

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 2:09 p.m.

De Argentina.. Debut con 11 meses.. Usamos inyecciones (tresiba y novorrapid). Sensor Freestyle libre 1.

By the way, I wanted to put this in another section, without wanting it was in "Technology" 😓

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 2:14 p.m.

@Terebataller we take him to a diabetes specialized nutritionist.

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 2:16 p.m.

@ine_milo is already changing places .... in "Diabetes questions"!

Do not overwhelm or blame yourself.You do it very well.With children it is very difficult to manage insulins.

When we are adults, the endocrine tell us that we upload 1 units for 3 days and see how it results when we get up and during the day, if we are going to hypoglycemia we return to the starting dose and if the result does not change much, that is, we continue high, we continue high, we continue high,We return to another unit after 3 days.

Insulin is based on your weight, lifestyle (sedentary or active) and meals.
It can be climbed to 3.5 units using an insulin syringe (they are bought in pharmacy and have half units) and taking out the vial insulin, instead of using the Tresiba pen.Maybe just with that average the baby stays in 90-140 mg/dl.

Check with your doctor get to 4 units or 3.5 units.If you do it on your own, it constantly monitors how the baby is going in case it gives it a hypoglycemia, so that you have milk, juice or what is usually.Best liquid to quickly rise blood glucose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/13/2020 4:06 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia Thank you very much for your explanation .. This afternoon we have a turn and we will consult it.We have already requested the Medtronic bomb, but I don't want to be like that, I think there must be some way to find the matter around.Nor do I think the pump does magic.I am very worried and that has an impact on everything, work, family .. sorry for the relief.Greetings

ine_milo's profile photo
ine_milo
02/13/2020 5:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.