{'en': 'Heat wave and high blood glucose.', 'es': 'Ola de calor y glucemia alta.'} Image

Heat wave and high blood glucose.

nigiri's profile photo   08/05/2018 12:11 p.m.

As a general rule, all life have told us that with heat blood glucose tends to fall, but since last year it happens to me that at the time we started to have extreme temperatures, such as those of these days, sugar isShoot and insulin almost does not take effect.

I have to put a lot of insulin, with the corresponding hypoglycemia followed by a peak, come on, a horror, I wake up with more than 300 on an empty stomach, which does not happen to me when I have ever gone to dinner the dreaded foodChina, I don't understand.

Does this else happen with heat?

If it is true that it happened physically very badly and I have come to think that my body opens so much that I am in the clouds because I can't think of any reason.

Greetings and happy summer for everyone!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2018 12:11 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri will not be that unconsciously at this time risk less, that is, it happens to me that as it is hot, beach hours, trekking, chiringuito and terrace many more hours in the street, consciously or unconsciously tend to be a little for fear of beingIn Hiccos for the heat and all of the above to ensure more and the same you click one less and you eat something more than how much you are and you pass with any food or drink you are going to hyper and with toujeo and threeiba when you are in hyperIt is much more difficult to correct that with Lantus, at least in my case.-

I had consultation in June with hemo of 6.8, after 1 month of vacation I am convinced that I am above but without eating my head that are the holidays to disconnect a little although of diabetes it is impossible to do it.-: -w

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/05/2018 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What is it going, I do the same as last week for example and moreover, I am putting insulin almost every hour and making accounts this happened to me in Córdoba the month of June of the previous year so I am sure it is because of the heat,Insulin looks like water.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/05/2018 7:20 p.m.

I had always heard the opposite, that the cold makes our body burn more glucose to keep us hot and in summer with the heat it does not need.

With me with heat, blood glucose usually goes up.Although this year not, it will be that as the heat wave has been so strong and sudden, I am already very prevented instead when it comes little by little if there is a time that happens to me what you say, that insulin looks like water, that does notAct

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/05/2018 8:54 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

When I was with Lantus if I noticed that its effect in summer with heat seems to multiply but with Toujeo the truth is that I do not see a big difference between summer or winter, as if not with this heat we are totally "flatanoos" and we moveless than "a soccer goalkeeper" ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/05/2018 9:55 p.m.

The need for insulin has also uploaded to me but I thought it is because every year I will need more units.
I am eating very little, hungry and I need more insulin.:(

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/05/2018 11:04 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have climbed the three considerably and it seems that I am better regulated, I have also returned to my house that the temperature is more normal, I was in Extremadura a few days and the average was 45º, definitely with the extreme heat my body goes crazy and I climb meThe glucose a lot, for the next one I will go up the slow before.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2018 12:33 p.m.

I need to increase basal and rapid insulin in several units.In winter, I need more calories, and my body, in their basal metabolism he needs them.That means I have somewhat less insulin.In other words, to equal calories, I need more insulin in summer.Game with the amount of insulin, not with food intake.It is my experience, but we already know, each person has its peculiarities and it is a world.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/06/2018 1:02 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I have already lowered the three and rapid in the morning.For me the heat months are the ones that I am best.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/06/2018 1:57 p.m.

nigiri said:
as a general rule, all life have told us that with heat blood glucose tends to go down, but since last year it happens to me that at the time we started to haveExtreme temperatures, like those of these days, sugar shoots me and insulin almost does not take effect.

I have to put a lot of insulin, with the corresponding hypoglycemia followed by a peak, come on, a horror, I wake up with more than 300 on an empty stomach, which does not happen to me when I have ever gone to dinner the dreaded foodChina, I don't understand.

Does this else happen with heat?

If it is true that it happened physically very badly and I have come to think that my body opens so much that I am in the clouds because I can't think of any reason.

Greetings and happy summer for everyone!

Good evening, I hope today these ben

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
05/04/2020 3:18 a.m.

Here what is eque, you are eating many HC when you go to bed, I don't see pir that goes so high at dawn ..
I hope more your food when going to your bed ..
Try to sport every day and your sugar wages wonderful ..

VACANO74's profile photo
VACANO74
05/04/2020 3:20 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.