{'en': 'How to know what meals do sugar go up?', 'es': 'Como saber que comidas suben el azúcar?'} Image

How to know what meals do sugar go up?

LastT's profile photo   08/05/2018 1:45 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I am not diabetic, but I'm going to buy a glucometer to control the sugar.

If I have overweight and that's why I want to do it.

And I would like to know how you control the food you can eat.

That is, eating "x" food, waiting for 2 hours and analyzing with the glucometer, to see if you are high glucose, which would indicate that this meal raises sugar.

Something like that is how you do?

Greetings from Burgos!
Daniel

LastT's profile photo
LastT
08/05/2018 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, yes at two hours you are above 140, you will have to eat fewer hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/05/2018 4:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina for answering.
I am taking away from hydrates and eating more vegetables.
What I want to do, is to know what foods they feel good or those I can't eat

LastT's profile photo
LastT
08/05/2018 5:20 p.m.

Give a look at this table.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/05/2018 5:50 p.m.

What rises faster is usually refined flours and all its derivatives (bread, pasta ...), sweets of course (combine flour refined with sugar), any food with added sugar, rice (the integral rises a little less butIt has a lot of hydrate like white so it also goes up even more) and potato.Whole wheat flours and their derivatives have a lot of hydrate but it rises slower than in the refined version.But with these we have to be careful because many times they sell us things as integrals that are not.It is important to look very well the label and put integral flour, if not the specific thing is that it is refined.Then there are the legumes and fruits that have hydrates but usually quite slow, especially legumes as well as very healthy.Vegetables also have some hydrates but very little so that they barely raise glucose and how they have a lot of fiber the possible rise is very slow.And also the nuts have a small amount of hydrate but it raises the glucose and very slow for the fat they carry.When mixing foods with hydrates with others with fiber and/or fat the hydrates rise the slowest glucose.
You can also consult some nutritionist from your city to teach you to eat healthy and get your goal in a personalized way based on your tastes and personal situation.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/05/2018 6:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

I forgot as a general advice trying to base your diet on fresh foods such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, fresh meats and fish, eggs, nuts ... and avoids ultraprocessed foods such as pastries, cookies, food with refined flours, processed meats,Foods with added sugar ... You will see that with certain changes in your low weight and you find yourself better and thus reduce the risk of certain diseases such as diabetes.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/05/2018 6:10 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Great that sigsauer table, thank you very much!

And thanks too Yesssica_a, .. everything is for preventing diabetes, of course!

LastT's profile photo
LastT
08/05/2018 6:24 p.m.

You can eat healthy and that's it.What need do you have to look at glucose if you are healthy?: -S

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/06/2018 2:01 p.m.

anaisabel said:
you can eat healthy and that's it.What need do you have to look at glucose if you are healthy?: -S

Well, I think there are healthy foods, which can upload sugar more than others.
All bodies are not the same, that's why I want it, ... I control it more!

LastT's profile photo
LastT
08/06/2018 3 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.