USA medical insurance

alquimia12's profile photo   08/11/2018 7:47 p.m.

Good afternoon and hello everyone!

I am new in the forum.My name is Maria and I have DM1.I debuted three years ago (I have 29).

I am writing to you because I am going to make a stay in the USA for three months with a J-1 visa, and they ask me for mandatory medical insurance with a series of requirements.I have been investigating and there is a great variety, but in most of them they exclude the coverage of per-existing medical conditions, such as diabetes.I do not know if anyone knows any insurance that covers possible complications of diabetes on the trip and can guide me about it.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and greetings,

Maria

alquimia12's profile photo
alquimia12
08/11/2018 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, maybe say obvious but have you looked at it in Spain?For reasons x hce I looked directly at the United States and the quota difference was practically triple, I guess because medication and follow -up entered.
If it is for only 3 months, perhaps with a report from your doctor, whenever you are stable, they do it ...
For my trips I usually turn to Fiatc and it is worth ...

Karme's profile photo
Karme
08/13/2018 2:56 p.m.

alchemy12 said:
good afternoon and hello to all!

I am new in the forum.My name is Maria and I have DM1.I debuted three years ago (I have 29).

I am writing to you because I am going to make a stay in the USA for three months with a J-1 visa, and they ask me for mandatory medical insurance with a series of requirements.I have been investigating and there is a great variety, but in most of them they exclude the coverage of per-existing medical conditions, such as diabetes.I do not know if anyone knows any insurance that covers possible complications of diabetes on the trip and can guide me about it.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and greetings,

Maria

Hello.A few years have passed since you wrote this post.I hope everything went well.I am now looking for medical insurance for my 19 -year -old son who will go this summer with a J1 visa to the United States for three months.Did you find any insurance that fit you?I am thinking of doing it with some company there.Here I can't find anything that convinces me.All the best

Lucia70's profile photo
Lucia70
03/18/2024 11:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.