Somewhat high glucose after exercise

DiegoA's profile photo   08/15/2018 2:31 p.m.

Hello, I have already written several aspects of how my glucose levels react when I exercise when I am sick and with or without the dose of medication.Since the diabetes were diagnosed, I gave myself the task of fighting it in the healthiest possible way, and in 4 months I managed to eliminate the dependence on insulin.I've been 4 months since I ceased injection and metformin.This medicine has worked very well.Well, now what I bring to the forum.Yesterday I made a bike run and got up with a glucose in 89. This forced me to give me a good breakfast to be able to run without fear of hypoglycemia.So I took my usual dasayuno in addition to eating fruit (guineo), and taking a glucose (energizing) pill.I went out to my pedaling, under a hot sun, I hydrated well, with water, and ate a granola bar.At the end of the run I took the glucose level, and I had it in 147, which is not bad.What was curious is that when I had taken the measurement I took it again and I had it in 91, and I had not taken the medication of the morning.Is it normal that it goes down so fast after stopping the exercise? Does the metformin have any presence in the blood, even if I did not take the dose before exercise?I am also with some allergies due to the mist.But I am curious to know about that change from 147 to 91 in one hour without any medication.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
08/15/2018 2:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, it is normal to go up just after a strong exercise and go down later, but
If you do not use insulin and you had not taken the metformin, you will not be at risk of hypos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/16/2018 2:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you.Yesterday I had an active day of many meetings and I only took metformin in the morning.I lunch out of time but kept snacks.In the afternoon I had the glucose in 87 so I decided to eat something light, ribs with salad.I did not take medication and at bedtime I took it and I had it in 60!And it marked me 68, so they were not so far from each other.I made my
Tomorrow I was in 109, as would have an active day in the water, (work diving), I decided to have breakfast and not take metformin, the day was strong with a lot of sun in the
Tomorrow and then we left and have roasted meat that I accompanied with salad and roasted potatoes.I did not measure glucose at that time.After three hours when I get home, I decide to snack something and verify my glucose, and I was in a 102! For me it is a huge achievement to be so controlled, because I confirm what I have been experiencing.For me the
Physical activity has been decisive in controlling the
Glucose.Regardless of having to use insulin, the key is to burn calories daily even if they are moderate activities.To have a glucose over 300 for several months, to keep me below 150 is the
Evidence more overwhelming than exercise and good food plays a first -order role in diabetes control

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
08/17/2018 10:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.