{'en': 'Hypoglycemia in exam', 'es': 'Hipoglucemia en examen'} Image

Hypoglycemia in exam

Jose3332's profile photo   02/16/2020 1:30 p.m.

Let's say that I am in a selective exam and that I am wrong and I am in 55.

I take a juice 2R, at 15 minutes I am in 90. Theoretically I am already "well", although I am quite sure that no one is well after 15 minutes of a hiccup.

My question is: how long does it have to pass after a hiccup to be 100% to do an exam?

And I can ask me to give me that time when doing selectivity, to recover?

(I just had a hiccup, forgive if I write badly)

Thank you!

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
02/16/2020 1:30 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

Before an exam eat something you are or not low, you avoid having to think about whether you will give you a hiccup.I would be sure, I have it very clear.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/16/2020 9:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

I would eat something before entering, do not risk that you can give you a hypoglycemia, you will be aware of that and not the exam.
Many luck!

Sandra44's profile photo
Sandra44
02/16/2020 10:20 p.m.

Do not enter the exam with less than 150., to have peace of mind.
But
Take sugar or cocacola.
Notify the teacher who watches.They will take care of you and give you all the time you need

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2020 12:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No, you can't ask for more time.Contrary before the exams (I tell you from experience, that I am now in the UNI).

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/17/2020 12:24 p.m.

davidag2000 said:
no, you can't ask for more time.Contrary before the exams (I tell you from experience, that I am now in the uni).

So if I got down, to July?They wouldn't give me fifteen minutes in the selective?

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
02/17/2020 4:52 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

Notify the court when you enter.Take the cocacola.They will be aware of you.
I have ever had to take care of selectivity, and of course we take into account those situations.
It has a medical certificate.
But if you measure yourself before and prepare, nothing will happen to you.Go calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2020 7:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I see you somewhat worried, but you should go to your exam that day even a little above.
Strong breakfast and before entering eat a natural yogurt with a small juice.
It is preferable that you are relaxed in the exam knowing that you will not do hypos, to be with that uncertainty and not be able to focus on what really matters that day.
What your diabetes do not stop you.
Courage and for that exam

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/17/2020 9:52 p.m.

Jose3332 said:
davidag2000 said:
no, you can't ask for more time.Contrary before the exams (I tell you from experience, that I am now in the uni).

So if I got down, to July?They wouldn't give me fifteen minutes in the selective?

If you got off, with an actimel or a sugar or two you have enough.Do not worry so much, that you will not die, unless you click twice exaggerated amounts.

DavidAG2000
02/19/2020 1:52 a.m.

davidag2000 said:
Jose3332 said:
davidag2000 said:
davidag2000 said:

If you got off, with an actimel or a sugar or two you have enough.Do not worry so much, that you will not die, unless you click twice exaggerated amounts.

It will not die, but it will be weak or worried instead of concentrate, it is completely normal for this to worry and more being something important as selectivity.Some do not know where you have empathy.

@Jose332 In June of last year I made some oppositions, exams of many hours and hard, and my tribune knew (it was notified when you present the application) that I had diabetes, the day of the exam approached me and told me that if I wanted I couldhave my glucometer and sugar out of the backpack or what is necessary to treat me without leaving the exam.Even so, I assure me for breakfast a little more that morning and lower the insulin of breakfast, because for my nerves I might also give me a hypo.In the breaks between each exam and if I had less than 130 I took 15 grams of slow hydrates, I left the last exam with the sugar a tall tad but I did not have to worry or stop during the exam and when I left I could correct myself and rest after thestressful day
How they have told you warning the court, they will allow youBreakfast more down the insulin ... enough to be closer to hyper than the hyper and once you finish the exams correct if necessary.
Much encouragement with studies, and luck

Macarena93's profile photo
Macarena93
02/20/2020 10:34 p.m.

macarena93 said:
davidag2000 said:
Jose3332 said:
Jose3332 said:
No, you can't ask for more time.Contrary before the exams (I tell you from experience, that I am now in the uni).

It will not die, but it will be weak or worried instead of concentrate, it is completely normal for this to worry and more being something important as selectivity.Some do not know where you have empathy.

@Jose332 In June of last year I made some oppositions, exams of many hours and hard, and my tribune knew (it was notified when you present the application) that I had diabetes, the day of the exam approached me and told me that if I wanted I couldhave my glucometer and sugar out of the backpack or what is necessary to treat me without leaving the exam.Even so, I assure me for breakfast a little more that morning and lower the insulin of breakfast, because for my nerves I might also give me a hypo.In the breaks between each exam and if I had less than 130 I took 15 grams of slow hydrates, I left the last exam with the sugar a tall tad but I did not have to worry or stop during the exam and when I left I could correct myself and rest after thestressful day
How they have told you warning the court, they will allow youBreakfast more down the insulin ... enough to be closer to hyper than the hyper and once you finish the exams correct if necessary.

Being worried or weak is something that happens to any diabetic in a downturn is in an exam or not.And not only will it happen in the exams of the selectivity, but also in those that they have left, so being clear, I believe that it benefits more than trying to soften the situation.And I know what it is, since I am in college and I also have exams.

In conclusion, checking that sugar is at optimal levels before the exam is ideal.And just in case, have something like a Coca-Cola, Actimel, Azucarillos, etc. on the table, etc.

DavidAG2000
02/20/2020 11:14 p.m.

macarena93 said:

I sign out what you did, I have done it for the exams of the UNED.a lot of stress (which I gathered before me, and now possibly more).
What I did in an exam that was a bit fair and did not wantHalf ration of HC, I ate one per hour and went practically with the same glucose as I entered.Of course, if I have to have everything outside ... you better leave me another table (it can be the result of the ride, as I say, but among the meter, 2 juices, the cookies ... Mid -table occupying).

@Jose332, a lot of encouragement with the studies, and you'll see how everything is going well.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
02/21/2020 12:41 a.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.