{'en': 'The Ibsalut authorizes the acquisition of continuous monitors for 525 patients with diabetes', 'es': 'El IbSalut autoriza la adquisición de monitores contínuos para 525 pacientes con diabetes'} Image

The Ibsalut authorizes the acquisition of continuous monitors for 525 patients with diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/04/2018 10:38 a.m.

The SALUT Servei (IBSALUT) has authorized this Friday the processing of a framework agreement to acquire monitors and sensors for patients with diabetes that detect glucose at the subcutaneous level.

As reported on Friday the spokeswoman of the Government, Pilar Costa, at a press conference the supply contract plans to "benefit 525 patients the first year with the acquisition of 6,000 sensors", in addition to all the necessary material for the complete infusionof the continuous insulin pump and the necessary injection ports.

The bidding budget is 3.2 million euros for two years, with an estimated value of the contract of 6.5 million euros.

These devices, on the one hand, continually measure glucose in the interstitial fluid (the space between the cells) by means of an implanted or inserted sensor inside the skin.

With this system it is possible to supervise blood glucose, reduce the number of hospital income due to decompensations and also better control the night episodes of hypoglycemia.

In short, some patients with diabetes are facilitated an adequate control of their disease, so that it improves their quality of life.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/04/2018 10:38 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

For this same Abbott does not allow buying sensors to new customers on their website and has limited the sale to 3 sensors every 25 days maximum although they continue to refuse.- My nurse already told me 1 month ago, "we have started askingall hospitals sensors at the same time "

There are many thousands of sensors for public health = million benefit

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/04/2018 11:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I suppose they will subsidize in all autonomies.The doubt that I have left is if the sensor will replace the strips and will not give strips.
And if the sensor they finance is only the free or the dexcom will be subsidized ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2018 2:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.