Hypoglycemia at 20 min

vanessa30's profile photo   02/20/2020 4:28 p.m.

Good afternoon, I wanted to explain something super strange that happened to me the other night and that in 36 years of evolution has never happened to me.
At the time of dinner I was 125, I got 8 from Humalog and I sat down for dinner.
At 20 min I began to lose my vision and noticed that the glottis closed me, I looked at myself and at 51 😣, but what happened I asked.
I told my husband brings Coca Cola because I can't get up from the chair.
Well, 2 glasses of Coca Cola later, I started to find myself worse and when I looked again at the result it was 30.
I should have injected glucagon, but I didn't, and ate and drank everything within my reach.
It was frightening, I never said something like that had happened to me.
The next day I talked to my endocrine and told me that most likely it was that I click on an arm artery to have that brutal hypo and so quickly.
Have you had some experience like that?
I thought the day of my death had come !!
What horror to have a clear head and well and that your body does not respond.
Thank you

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/20/2020 4:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Vanessa30

What a scare and what a bad drink.I hope you could rest at night, although after such a hiccup the body and head always suffer.
It has never happened to me (I've only been 2 years), even if they told me that if I was injected by error in Vena I was going to enter the insulin very fast, but I did not imagine that that could occur.I just click on belly, thighs and ass.Probably the most dangerous area (by the veins) is that of the thighs.It is good to know

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/20/2020 5:16 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel has never happened to me, but it must have been that, I click on the bloodstream directly.Then at 00 h, from Tresiba instead of 18 unid I injected 10 and in the morning I got up at 250, with everything I ate and I drank that amount was not exorbitant either.
I just like you in belly, thighs and ass, but the endocrine that was ever spent again that I did not doubt it and glucagon the first.
Greetings

vanessa30
02/20/2020 5:22 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
good afternoon, I wanted to explain something super strange that happened to me the other night and that in 36 years of evolution has never happened to me.
At the time of dinner I was 125, I got 8 from Humalog and I sat down for dinner.
At 20 min I began to lose my vision and noticed that the glottis closed me, I looked at myself and at 51 😣, but what happened I asked.
Well, 2 glasses of Coca Cola later, I started to find myself worse and when I looked again at the result it was 30.
I should have injected glucagon, but I didn't, and ate and drank everything within my reach.
The next day I talked to my endocrine and told me that most likely it was that I click on an arm artery to have that brutal hypo and so quickly.
Thanks

I injected into the arm *

vanessa30
02/20/2020 5:25 p.m.

It happens very rarely, my daughter happened once.I also think it enters blood.It is better to forget it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2020 7:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@vanessa30 what needles do you use .. ??In my arm I am very careful especially in the biceps that I see my veins well marked, I try to prick in the triceps area where there is no muscle, if the absorption enters muscle is also faster.- That happened to meOnce but with the Lantus;From all this you also learn but we fall again because the same is all day and with the routine we relax ..-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/20/2020 9:36 p.m.

@sigsauer, 8 mm needles and as you explain to me, I try triceps zone.
Maybe it's like you say that so long and sometimes we don't pay so much attention.
I guess with Lantus it wouldn't be so brutal if you had hiccup

vanessa30
02/20/2020 9:49 p.m.

@Vanessa30
Well, curiously with Lantus it was quite fucked, I click on a hair capillascare of these (I cross the fingers ...)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/20/2020 10:09 p.m.

@sigsauer I imagine that even being slow, it would also be a fat scare.
I used 5mm but I just changed.
Now in March I have to go to the ambulatory for strips and needles, I will ask for a box of the smallest, although I have 2 boxes of the 8 .... I will alternate.
Thanks for the advice

vanessa30
02/20/2020 10:30 p.m.

@sigsauer As in March I have to go to pick up strips and needles, I will ask for those of 5.
I had already used them but to try again that it is not.
I guess even if it was lantus, you passed a bad drink
Thanks for the advice

vanessa30
02/20/2020 10:45 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
good afternoon, I wanted to explain something super strange that happened to me the other night and that in 36 years of evolution has never happened to me.
Thanks

So it is or struggled to a venita or something, or you left eating the shell or dinner bread.Humalog's truth is a lot for dinner for dinner is a very powerful insulin!In the night or dinner and I only put on the NPH and at most 1 or 2 points of Humalog ...

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/09/2020 4:23 a.m.

hikary said:
Hello :) Keep diabetes at a satisfactory way is possible thanks to this new and only natural method recently discovered.You can immediately stop spending high sums of money and be guessing how to control diabetes.He will tell you immediately to eat, and from what meals stay away.I did it and it turned out to me, this includes a Via WhatsApp support group for all members.Here I leave the link Link greetings

To sell unicorns to another site, idiot.

Mario_S's profile photo
Mario_S
03/10/2020 12:10 a.m.

@hikary, do you still believe in magic?
Learn to eat, you sure need your new system

vanessa30
03/10/2020 7:59 a.m.

@Wassss, I suppose that it depends on the dinner that each one does.I make them strong, because I am very hungry 😊, it is a most normal dose for me.
Meals sometimes up to 10 UNIDs depending on hydrates.
Your nse if you will be on honeymoon or you are type 2 and you may not need so much.
All the best

vanessa30
03/10/2020 8:07 a.m.

I am type 1 for 25 years, the best thing is not to have dinner, and less strong, also because at night you have a sensor to monitor, you will spend 7 or 8 hours "sleeping" without knowing or knowingThat ... and the, most likely in high glucose!

Small collations from 6 to sleep, to better control glucose, monitoring, and once I learned that drinking water takes away hunger!And even one ...

Good luck!

Wassss's profile photo
Wassss
03/10/2020 4:51 p.m.

@Wassss I appreciate the advice, but in so many years of evolution he is going quite well.
I do not spend hours sleeping with high glucose, because I try to go to bed around the 100. Ah and I forgot to tell you that you go to dinner without dinner, I do not think it is too good, the fast is not an alternative.
😂😂 I don't need to lose weight, I'm in a perfect weight
All the best

vanessa30
03/10/2020 5:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.