Lipoatrophias

MRC's profile photo   09/12/2018 12:09 p.m.

Good to all.
After a few days after introducing myself, I return to raise my first doubt.
First of all, thank you in advance, since at the moment everything is new for me in this world of diabetes, and it is appreciated that there is a place to be able to raise and solve related problems, that come from people in your same case.
I understand that doctors do what they can, but I am one of those who think that not everything is solved with mountains of medicines and surely the advice of someone who has already gone through the same is more important.
A or what was going.
I have been with insulin since March of this year, having started with Lantus, sending me to the two months Apidra, for better meal control.
The truth is that I am very athlete and I have been doing a diet focused on vegetarianism for years, without being completely strict, but not as prosecuted or sugar, so I am carrying a very good control of the disease, at least for the moment.
The fact is that neither more nor less than 5 lipoatrophias of a month and a half until now has come out.The first in abdomen, right side next to the navel, is the largest with one in the left buttock.The others, one on the other side of the navel and one on each side of the abdominal float.
I am sure it was for the Lantus, for the places where I have them, and the doctor has changed me more than a week ago to Toujeo, as well as the needles, which now uses the 5 mm, using until then those of8 mm.I am quite fine, so I asked to change them, since they seemed very long.
Three of the lipos, the greatest, have come out after bruising after clicking, which I suppose will have to do.
My question, after the roll that I have put, I'm sorry, is the following: is the area recovered again, or is that already for life?The truth is that it neither hurts or bothers me, but it is quite anti aesthetic to have several sunk areas without fat, and they are also places that I can no longer use to prick insulin again, which is more important.
If someone has happened to someone and can solve the doubt, great.
Thank you so much!

MRC's profile photo
MRC
09/12/2018 12:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello @"mrc"
They sent me anti -cellulithic creams massaging the area.And rotate to the arms.You have to make a mesh and not click on the same place followed.

In 3 years I do not get lipodystrophy, however you must prick where you have fat, insulin is fat -soluble.
I better 8mm needles, they have changed them to 6mm but I see that the medicine does not reach the fat.

I changed from Levemir to Toujeo in June.Be careful because you have to upload the amount

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/13/2018 9:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for Resoder.
I understand then what you say you had lipodystrophy.
Mine is lipoatrifia, that is, the fat in the area has disappeared and I have a cleft.The doctor has told me to recover the fat in that place, but I have been still the same.
I have changed the prick areas, of course, mainly because I no longer have a fat and I can not prick.
At the moment I have little with Toujeo, but it seems that everything is fine.I have only uploaded two units with respect to Lantus, and the control is still perfect.
The main doubt was that, to know if the fat is filled again or the area stays like this, that I hope it is not the case ...: ((((

MRC's profile photo
MRC
09/13/2018 1:54 p.m.

If you leave the resting area, it is recovered.Put on the toujeo in the buttock, it is the best site.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/14/2018 8:47 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ufff, thank you very much Regina, it is a great relief.I usually put it in the buttock and in the area on the navel.I will take it into account.I thank you very much !!!

MRC's profile photo
MRC
09/14/2018 10:19 p.m.

I put it on the buttocks, making a two fingertips between one puncture and the next.Always where I don't have the free sensor.Or the thighs.
Of course I have plenty of fat :)

The novorapid in the arms, gut and the Michelines on the sides of the waist.I am still rotating and making a mesh.
My endo gave me the cream because I said that my gut mollita was lipodystrophy, the truth is that I have it before being diabetic :)) and for months that I did not prick there insulin.
In 6 or 8 months the area is recovered.Patience.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/15/2018 2:23 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

:)Brilliant!
I am very relieved to tell me to recover, because I was eating my head a lot ... hehe.
I quickly, which I still have with Apidra, have not changed it to me, because the doctor has understood that lipoatrophias was causing them only the lantus, I put it on my thighs and in the back of the arms.The truth is that I put it very counted days, except for exceptions I have very good control as I say, but I will take into account the areas that you tell me all.If others are doing well ...
Thank you very much for the answers

MRC's profile photo
MRC
09/15/2018 3:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.